Status
Not open for further replies.

ParDaddy

Look Momma, I'm going fast
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Roughly in the center of pennsylvania, have driven hours for things to not be what I needed them to be at no fault of the sellers...
I don't need a title, I don't need any of the numbers matching stuff, I am looking for a full solid front end of an a body with inner fenders that has not been wrecked!
The long and the short, I have a 72 Duster that was hit in the front end and the previous owner stripped everything away down to the frame rails sticking out from the firewall (of which the driver side is ugly and thin) and I have to build from there, if it's what I need I will travel a few hours...

Few days back there was a thread posted by someone in R.I. that had recently bought a front clip and a complete 4dr parts car, but only needed one. Was about a 70 Dart GT that he was going to restore.
Might be worth a shot to look through the last couple days on the site.

30973274-D1B1-4829-A4CD-D15EC6861BAD.jpeg
639525DB-DBD7-4610-9740-4B17CF862A8E.jpeg
FFFFC4A4-0A8A-426C-B9B1-F4B0F327396B.jpeg
3B257EDB-63BE-4059-A1B4-D85E5AF6049D.jpeg
93616CE7-18BC-476E-92D2-25E3286441A4.jpeg
Pics

$600 for the whole front half of a car from the torsion cross front. Bring a trailer its off and ready to load. 69 and earlier are different then 70 -72 and 73 and newer are also different. The rad. supports on the side sof the rad. openings are different. The openings on the 69 and early cars will have to be change to accept the later grilles. The 73 and newer have a different rad width opening.

You will need a 70-72 I have one here that is nice. one hole near fender bolt in rear but have perfect well to go with it . The car was solid . straight and never hit. Danielsville Pa. 18038. There are others here but must be removed.

The one pictured above will have to be modified for it to fit a Duster. I used a barracuda style on a Duster and the Duster grille would not fit. One thing was the parking light pigtail would not fit because the early style does not have a big enough hole for socket . You can see that clearly in the picture. There are other things that you can see if you compare them.. I installed one and painted it and screwed myself because I had to make mods after paint.

This Just some info for anyone doing this. Is it usable? Yes but keep your old parts for the mods. Also early fronts have hood support studs that the later fronts do not. Torsion bar cross is also different. The top picture is a 71 the bottom picture is a 69

20171227_115404.jpg

20180324_173058.jpg

The one pictured above will have to be modified for it to fit a Duster. I used a barracuda style on a Duster and the Duster grille would not fit. One thing was the parking light pigtail would not fit because the early style does not have a big enough hole for socket . You can see that clearly in the picture. There are other things that you can see if you compare them.. I installed one and painted it and screwed myself because I had to make mods after paint.

This Just some info for anyone doing this. Is it usable? Yes but keep your old parts for the mods. Also early fronts have hood support studs that the later fronts do not. Torsion bar cross is also different. The top picture is a 71 the bottom picture is a 69

View attachment 1715914780

View attachment 1715914782
Just another example of why we need people like Steve around here. The knowledge and experience are a tremendous asset and resource.
:thumbsup:

Old man mopar needs his own YouTube show sitting by a fireplace with a beer/whiskey telling mopar stories…we’d watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back