***a body steering tilt column***

-

GMachineDartGT

Reaction score
Finally, I just received the first A body tilt column. This one is for 70-76, because it has the key on the column. Stay tuned for pictures, pricing and other details.

Any interested parties PM me.

This is an Ididit product. I sent them a sample column some months ago. I just received maybe the first one. I'll be photographing and checking out the details shortly.

cool. it doesn't have key where their other columns have it does it? that is plain stupid looking in my opinion..

Good to hear from you Joe. This one is better. Its got a key in the normal position, but its a GM key and cylinder. Personally I don't carrying 3 keys, but we have to be realistic in this day and age. We should be happy another high quality part is available for the A Bodies!

Good to hear from you Joe. This one is better. Its got a key in the normal position, but its a GM key and cylinder. Personally I don't carrying 3 keys, but we have to be realistic in this day and age. We should be happy another high quality part is available for the A Bodies!

Why can't you just have it re-keyed so you can use just one key?

good.. glad it doesn't have that crappy forklift key thing they use in other columns. don't know what the hell they were thinking with that.

yea three keys kinda suck. wonder if it can be rekeyed to use a stock style...

Let's see some pics the suspense is killin me

The '77 Coronet I bought new had a tilt column with the key on the column. When the dealer replaced a defective switch under warranty, the new key was marked with a GM. I was told the tilt columns were made by Saginaw, a GM company at the time. I complained about the key and they ordered a blank with the Chrysler Pentastar that fit the switch, so there might still be a source for those blanks, maybe even Chrysler has some left. I don't recall if they had to replace the door locks to match, but I know I didn't have to carry an extra key, so they must have.

The '77 Coronet I bought new had a tilt column with the key on the column. When the dealer replaced a defective switch under warranty, the new key was marked with a GM. I was told the tilt columns were made by Saginaw, a GM company at the time. I complained about the key and they ordered a blank with the Chrysler Pentastar that fit the switch, so there might still be a source for those blanks, maybe even Chrysler has some left. I don't recall if they had to replace the door locks to match, but I know I didn't have to carry an extra key, so they must have.

you know.. i did see a column (maybe a flaming river) that was GM looking but used a chrysler type of key..

-
Back