Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for:

Lower Control Arm Bushing Remover/Installer

Torsion Bar Remover/Installer

Lower Control Arm Ball Joint Remover

Will be needing these tools for a 72 Dodge Demon. I'd be willing to buy these from you if you no longer need them otherwise possible rent them off you? I'd pay shipping both ways and a little extra as a rental fee. I'd also be willing to leave a deposit if required.

Let me know...

check the parts for sale section-- alot of parts for your car are for sale already done. There is nothing like have the replacement parts read to bolt on when doing suspension work.
Just a little heads up-----

also look through the posts you can make all thread & thick washers do a lot for little money.
The Lca is a different animal -- a welder or the correct tap is required. Lawrence

There is a super nice set of frontend tools available somewhere. 200 bucks maybe.
I dont know anout you but , having all the right clubs in my bag wouldn't make me a pro golfer.
I do have a local shop that I trust to do quality work. I know up front That algnment after rebuild will come at a premium. I can disassemble and clean up pieces like upper and lower arms then throw them out at the shop with the new parts and they will R&R the bushings for me. In the end I might have a 100 in labor, alignment and all. Just food for thought.

thanks for the tips, I'll take them into consideration. All my suspension parts are good, I just want to get some of that stuff powdercoated or painted while its sitting in the garage. Make things look a little nicer.

I'd thought about just having a shop do the bushing work and its still an option, just need to do some calling around for pricing. Only thing is I'd be paying them to remove the bushings etc, take them back to get powdercoated, and then have to pay them again to put them back in. Unless I could work some deal out with them ahead of time.

I figured I would just check here to see if somebody has some used tools for sale, use them and just put em back up for sale to see if anybody else needs them. Or see if someone would let me rent them

Pressing these bushing shells in and out repeatedly isn't a good plan anyway. They weren't designed for that.

You do not need those special tools to do that work.
To remove lower control arm bushings just drive the shaft out then use a chisel to split the shells and they will come right out. Press the new one and the shaft back in with a vice.
The lower ball joint is easily seperated from the spindle with a simple pickle fork. Less than $20 to buy or most parts stores will loan.
For all the front ends I have taken apart I have never needed to drive the torsion bars out. Remove all tension on the adjuster, remove the clip at the back, unbolt the lower control arm from the k-member, then pry back control arm until the hex clears the cross member. Once at this point the bar shoul slide out. If you find that it's rusted in a little heat on the socket onthe control arm with a home made tool will do the trick. A home made tool can be made with a couple of pieces of 1/2" stock clamped to the bar to beat on.

an inexpensive alternative for a torsion bar tool is an old bicycle BMX style gooseneck (handlebar mount) with (4) bolts. Miller Tool is still in business and selling all these tools but usually the price makes it unreasonable for a one time job.

an inexpensive alternative for a torsion bar tool is an old bicycle BMX style gooseneck (handlebar mount) with (4) bolts. Miller Tool is still in business and selling all these tools but usually the price makes it unreasonable for a one time job.

WOW! Never would have thought about the BMX handlebar mount! Awesome idea!

The right size U-bolts and a piece of angle Iron also make a simple T-bar remover .Probably less than $10 of materials at your local hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back