A Body V8 Spool-type K-member on Ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shipping is what's expensive. $156.? :wack:

Hey Gremlin, you're right, but I've always been able to contact the sellers and inform them that they can UPS the thing; wrapped in cardboard; sealed with clear tape; for ~ $30-40 dollars. It does not need to ship by freight as most guys think.

Of the three units I bought off ebay, every seller agreed to send it that way and only charge me for the actual shipping costs.

Southernman

I know that's right...lol. I had a guy ship an 8 3/4 axles with housing, and center section seperate. I think it was $75. UPS ground, in pieces vs $350 freight.

What is a "spool type" K frame and what makes it "safer" like the seller is advertising?

What is a "spool type" K frame and what makes it "safer" like the seller is advertising?

I saw the "safer" claim and I guess your could make a case for that - if you had something with enough power to rip the rubber isolator pads apart, and it does happen.

They're called "spools" because they have an outer ring that, should the isolator fail, will prevent the engine from lifting too far under torque.

Here's a link to Mancini Racing who sells them with upgraded poly isolators. For the price, the k-members not a bad deal, but I wouldn't be swayed by the 'safety' pitch as a torque strap on std mounts will do the same.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/orv8andbrbsp.html

Southernman

They are also called fail safe motor supports. The earlier bisquit type mounts rip in two, especially in performance aplications and/or brake torqueing. The n the fan eats the shroud, and some would pull the throttle open. When spool mounts fail the engine will move but not as far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back