A body value

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Been checking the market a bit lately. It seems to me that our A bodies are finally getting the respect they deserve. Prices are up, I think. Is it so, or just guys asking crazy numbers?
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays. May Santa bring you something chrome for Christmas.!!!

Been checking the market a bit lately. It seems to me that our A bodies are finally getting the respect they deserve. Prices are up, I think. Is it so, or just guys asking crazy numbers?
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays. May Santa bring you something chrome for Christmas.!!!
Guys are asking crazy numbers.

Many of the B and E bodys are out of reach and of course that makes the A's worth more money especially legit 340 cars. Heck even a nicely modified early A is worth $20 large or more. You can't build one for that.

Many of the B and E bodys are out of reach and of course that makes the A's worth more money especially legit 340 cars. Heck even a nicely modified early A is worth $20 large or more. You can't build one for that.
Most 340 cars in my area are high 30k range, I seen a couple of 340 cars for 45k

I agree prices on A Bodies are up there. Many 72 and back cars are bringing $30k upwards to $50 or more depending on what they are. I saw a non-numbers 71 V24 duster clone sell at Mecum for $65K last year. I think a lot of it is generational. Guys that are getting into their late 30s-40s that finally have the money for a hot rod do not know about the negative a body stigma from the 1970s-80s, they are just good looking muscle cars to them. On the other hand a pound of smoked Turkey breast is $9.99….

Do you really think that the A bodies are worth what people are asking for them? I'm checking out the 72 dart for 19500 now that's more like it
Oh I think so especially if you are selling. Try to build nice one for $35,000.

I wouldnt sell mine for less than 40k. Probably wouldnt sell it anyways. Its not that they are worth more now, its that the value of a dollar is ****. Someone told me today that a head of lettuce was over 4 bucks.

Well I sure like my A!!
20221111_172619.jpg

dan, why did't you buy the 69 dart for the same price close to you?
I offered $18500, he said that he couldn't go that low. The 72 dart is a lot cleaner and nicer for the same money. I don't know what it'll cost to get it here but if it cost a grand to get it here it's still a better deal.

Hagerty had me raise my '69 Swinger's agreed value to $58,500 Cdn ($44k US) a couple of months ago. Also recommended raising a couple of my B bodies almost 33%.

Times have really changed. When I bought my GTS in 1990 it was simply a cool old car, now it is a down payment on a house.

1969 Dart GTS 14 april 2020.jpg

Oh I think so especially if you are selling. Try to build nice one for $35,000.
I have had my 69 Fastback for about 35 years. I completely restored it 35 years ago, and I blew it completely apart about 10 years ago for a new paint job. During that second paint job, I replaced the carpet and a lot of other parts that were not available 35 years ago. I did all the work myself, but I still probably have about $30K in it over the years. If I was starting with the same basket case now, I would probably be well over $40k. The AC, Disk brake conversion, 4 speed conversion and interior alone cost about $9k.

Cuda58.JPG

Cuda59.JPG

Cuda42.JPG

I have had my 69 Fastback for about 35 years. I completely restored it 35 years ago, and I blew it completely apart about 10 years ago for a new paint job. During that second paint job, I replaced the carpet and a lot of other parts that were not available 35 years ago. I did all the work myself, but I still probably have about $30K in it over the years. If I was starting with the same basket case now, I would probably be well over $40k. The AC, Disk brake conversion, 4 speed conversion and interior alone cost about $9k.

View attachment 1716022349

View attachment 1716022350

View attachment 1716022351
Man I really like that car! You've done such a great job on it!

View attachment 1716022349

View attachment 1716022350

View attachment 1716022351
Beautiful car

Do you really think that the A bodies are worth what people are asking for them? I'm checking out the 72 dart for 19500 now that's more like it
I have a decent complete 318 auto Swinger in Arkansas. Lots cheaper.

-
Back