-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rda340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a complete set of stainless trim for a 69 dart , front and rear glass in good condition to be buffed , no dents or bends .... i already have those ! also the gutter trim as well thanks !

2 door or 4-door? Also if it is a 2-door hardtop on the gutter trim will need to know if it is for vinyl or non vinyl they are different

since 2 door post and 4 door are the same, door count doesn't count.

Yes you and i both as well as some others know this information but it is easier for many to use a door count and ask if it is a 2-door post or 2 door hardtop that is why i mentioned it, had nothing to do in any way with insinuating you did not know the differences

since 2 door post and 4 door are the same, door count doesn't count.

2 door or 4-door? Also if it is a 2-door hardtop on the gutter trim will need to know if it is for vinyl or non vinyl they are different

I'm getting mixed opinions on the difference between the two, vinyl would be a much tighter fit for sure ,are you saying trim for a vinyl top has a larger trough to accommodate ???

Yes the drip rail trim moldings on a 2-door hardtop with a vinyl vinyl top have a different part number and are designed different then the ones for a 2-door hardtop with non vinyl or V02 two tone. Even the rear window gaskets on a 2-door hardtop are a different part numberd and designed different between vinyl top and non vinyl! This information is listed in the Chrysler parts book so you can check for yourself to avoid the mixed opinions which is very common. This only applies to the 2 door hardtop. The vinyl drip rail moldings were bent on the edges different and designed wider/deeper to fit out over the vinyl on the drip edge. The 4-door and 2-door post drip rail pieces (other then the small elbow corner conectors) do NOT interchange with a 2-door hardtop and have a different part number. I hope this correct information helps out.
BTW
If you are installing a vinyl top and are not going to instal the vinyl out over the drip edge like the factory did then you can use the non vinyl top drip moldings. If you have further questions PM me for my number or i will gladly give you a call to help you get the correct pieces
I'm getting mixed opinions on the difference between the two, vinyl would be a much tighter fit for sure ,are you saying trim for a vinyl top has a larger trough to accommodate ???

I have 2 beautiful trim sets for the front and back here in Southeast Pa. but not cheap as they are excellent originals with an nos shine to them and may have even been nos pieces. They are that nice. Pm if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back