A/C condessor question

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
OK, im gonna try out a 93-97 jeep grand cherokee radiator for my 64 with the 5.7. Its got the right hook ups and will fit (with a few mods) into my car. Heres the question i have, when getting an a/c condensor, do i use one big enough to cover the radiator or do i order one big enough to help the 66 dart size evaporator? Id think a bigger one then the 66 size condensor would be a good thing, but then i wondered if there was such a thing as too large of a condesor. My thing is, if a 66 size condensor will do, and it leaves a little more breathing room for the radiator then shouldnt i go with it? I havent been able to find the dimensions for a 66 a/c condensor, so it might be close to the same size a grand cherokees. Also, are all the replacement A/C condensors rated for the new A/C coolant? Does any of this condensor size stuff matter or should i go with a condensor that fits my needs as far as the location of the hook ups? Thanks

Classic Auto Air in FL can help you, they specialize in piecing together old and new A/C systems.

-
Back