A/C Engine Upgrade kit for '68 Dart

-

OKDart

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get the A/C working in my '68 Dart. I've redone everything under the dash, and have all the old components from under the hood except the compressor and mounting brackets for the compressor due to going from 273 to 440.
I emailed Classic Auto Air and they want $700 for their universal kit, the only Mopar dedicated kit is for the E body. I've also looked through Bouchillon Performance's website.
I'm looking for feedback from people who have upgraded their factory A/C car and any other options out there. I would prefer a kit with good instructions because I don't know much about A/C, I have never even charged a system before.

I'm wanting to get the A/C working in my '68 Dart. I've redone everything under the dash, and have all the old components from under the hood except the compressor and mounting brackets for the compressor due to going from 273 to 440.
I emailed Classic Auto Air and they want $700 for their universal kit, the only Mopar dedicated kit is for the E body. I've also looked through Bouchillon Performance's website.
I'm looking for feedback from people who have upgraded their factory A/C car and any other options out there. I would prefer a kit with good instructions because I don't know much about A/C, I have never even charged a system before.

I have the Classic Auto Air setup and installed it myself. If you are hesitant on the charging you can always take it to a shop to get it charged. The installation instructions are great for the setup and the compressor comes already oiled.
If you want instructions on charging its really easy. The biggest hassle is putting it on a vacuum since most people don't have one readily available to them. Once its on a vacuum its as easy as adding the cans of refrigerant it will just suck them in (just make sure you don't shake the cans)

Did you have to cut the hoses to fit and crimp them? How well does it keep your car cool? Do you know the difference in the compressors, Bouchillon has a couple of different ones?

Did you have to cut the hoses to fit and crimp them? How well does it keep your car cool? Do you know the difference in the compressors, Bouchillon has a couple of different ones?

When you order a kit they ask you if you want to cut and crimp your own hoses. I choose no and they sent them already crimped. Every single hose fit perfectly. I haven't used it in the dead of summer here yet but other guys on this forum have and said it cools good, even better with tinted windows. I think a lot of it will have to do with how well insulated your car is. I don't know what the difference in compressors are though.

-
Back