A/C for 64 dart-04 Ram 5.7hemi compressor

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
Ok, heres what i got, and what i want to do. I have a 64 dodge dart and i want an under dash heater A/C unit like in the 66-71 darts/cudas/valiants. I will be using a 5.7 hemi and the A/C compressor i recieved with it. I will be using a 67 cuda heater A/C unit. I've read on this site that the blower motor opening is larger on A/C cars then non-A/C cars, so i know i have to make that larger, I also know 2 more holes must be drilled for the A/C lines on the firewall. Anything else i need to modify on my 64 to get this 67 unit to fit under my dash?
Heres my big question. I want the A/C system to be uptodate and run well while still using the old controls. So i want to use as many modern parts as possible. What on the Ram can i use to run with the older heater-A/C unit? I was thinking i need to find/use a condensor that has hook-ups for the lines on the same side as the Rams, is this right? What else do i need to make this swap complete? Can i just coppy what the ram has, or maybe even a Dodge Dakota instead? Im not sure how i can make this work. Does anyone know what i can and cannot, need or do not need, to use for this swap? Thank for any help.

Here is a pic of a 318 or 360 magnum engine in a 64 dodge dart and it looks like he is using alot of the old plumbing with the modern compressor. Will i need to do something like this? Also were do i get lines bent to my desired needs or can i do this myself?

64dartacswap.jpg

-
Back