A/C & Heater box restoration ?'s

-

Chris

Reaction score
Are the tips or tricks to restoring the heater & A/C box on a 68 Barracuda? I'm looking at this thing and it just looks like a mess of vacuum lines and wires. I plan on replacing all the gaskets, but what else should I do while I'm in there? Pics and write ups would be helpful.

Thanks
-Chris

I just picked up a foam and gasket kit from Detroit Muscle Technologies. It has good instructions with lots of pics. I tested all of the vacuum pods to make sure they worked. I pressure tested the evaporator and am replacing the heater core because it has an obvious leak. Overall it's pretty easy actually.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks,
ken

The original vacuum lines had color traces like wires for what goes where. Leak test all the servos for sure. Clean all the linkages with scotchbrite and lub all moving parts with a dry lube like grafite. I've got a tiny bottle of teflon powder lube. Dunno if its still available. Clean and lube the controller and one cable also. Grease works too but collects dust and could damage the diaphrams in the servos if it gets inside.
If you can flush the vaporater core while the case is out of the car that would be great. The chemical used for that has strong odor. Check those pipe threads too rather than find the flaw later.

Are the tips or tricks to restoring the heater & A/C box on a 68 Barracuda? I'm looking at this thing and it just looks like a mess of vacuum lines and wires. I plan on replacing all the gaskets, but what else should I do while I'm in there? Pics and write ups would be helpful.

Thanks
-Chris

I don't know the aswer to your question. I deleted my heater box. but I see you live in Tumecula. I am only 20 min from you out in anza. So if you are ever motoring around and you see some crazy guy rubber necking at you and you car don't worry about it. It is just me checking your car out. LOL Do you have any pic's so if I see you I can know it is you and come over to say hi. Sorry if this is to strate forwered for you I don't mean to pry. I just don't know any Mopar people in my area is all.

Happy motoring, Russell

-
Back