A/C push button switch

-

themoparman73

Reaction score
Had a question about the a/c switch. Has anyone had a switch go out on there car? I have power going to it but nothing works. Any info would help.

Thanks

Are you referring to the heater/A/C controls on the dash? If so, I'm pretty sure the push buttons switch engine vacuum to various plungers, etc. DC voltage would just be for the blower motor (and lighting if it has it).

Oaktree,
It's for the heater,ac,controls. I have the green wire and blue wire hooked up to it.

The 5-button ones used on factory air cars are still avail, though >$100 new. Search a post on how to rebuild yours. They usually fail because the "blower high" current is too much once they get any corrosion, which also melts the L-M-H switch. A common problem on many cars (ex. my 1985 M-B). Long ago, on my 1969 Dart, I added a relay for the "blower Hi" position so that current was shunted around those switches. But, no need for that if you don't mind replacing $100 switches regularly.

BTW, my 1965 Newport was non-factory air and had a 4 button pneumo-E switch that also failed. I figured how to substitute a 5-button switch, since all one could buy. I don't think any A's had the 4-button, but perhaps some B or E's did.

-
Back