a/c to Non A/c pulley help

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
i am converting my a/c dart 340 swinger to non a/c.

i know i need the different water pump pulley and the single alternator pulley. also the 2 row crank pulley.

but my powersteering pump looks like it will be too far forward with only a 2 groove crank pulley.

this doesn't look like a saginaw pump to me, i'm not sure if it is stock or not, but from the pic i posted below, it looks like a stock A/C car pump.

i see BPE has the pulleys i need, but i think i'm going to have issue with the PS pump.

i guess i could get one of the billet aluminum 3 groove crank pulleys off ebay. back groove for the crank/water/alternator. middle groove empty. furthest forward groove for the PS pump.

mine does not look like the ones in these thread, so i can't figure out what is best to do before i drop money.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=130073

thoughts?

TIA!

Hank

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 159
  • photo 2.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 137
  • photo 3.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 4.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 142
  • pulley068.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 127
thanks, i didn't know what the brand was, it looks like its stock for a/c car. which puts the pulley to far forward to use a 2 groove crank pulley. i'll have to get a 3 groove and skip the middle groove in order to delete my a/c.

i was thinking something like this would get rid of my a/c and keep my federal pump

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Small-Block-Crankshaft-Pulley-318-340-360-Crank-Chrysler-Aluminum-A-C-AC-/110757732622?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c9ace10e"]Mopar Small Block Crankshaft Pulley 318 340 360 Crank Chrysler Aluminum A C AC | eBay[/ame]

i talked to Randy at BPE. very nice guy. He got me all squared away with what i needed. confirmed that a 2 groove crank pulley will work with my federal pump.

-
Back