A Christmas Model Contest?

-
Keith,
Thats cool, and............................ its got a HEMI! :thumbrig:

NOW to find a boat and trailer....(I got plenty of trucks to pull it), so.......HMMMMM

Well its not "judged" yet........ LOL But THANKS! This is a "Model Of The Month" conrtest for an online club I'm a member of.. this is for the December "build" they have a different model theme each month and this one is open to whatever you wish AS LONG AS ITS "Christmas" related.... SO this is my entry to that....

Judging won't be till I believe December 1st, and the winner will have this posted as a banner for the whole month and prizes is another model kit of your choice. not to shabby, shipped to your door!!! THEN atthe end of the year, theres another judging of BEST model all year......So, and I THINK the prizes for that is hyped right up..........Unsure of it tho. I just know month to month each "winner" gets to pick a prize from the lot thats posted, which is kinda nice. some pretty good choices UNLESS your like me and remaining MOPAR BUILDS ONLY! BUT there are still 3 nice choices in those so......

I'm in and don't know how I'll do, we'll see the competition is actually pretty steep!

THANKS tho, I appreciate the "winners circle!" :D

Cool! very creative! When I first saw the pics of the linked motors I thought you were building a pulling tractor. In a way I guess you are? I've been building models since 73 and never scratch built or molded any parts but I'm impressed with you guys who do that. I started developing an interest in molding but after reading up on the subject I quickly decided to stick with box stock. I do swap motors and wheels things like that but that's the extent of my customizing. I build only cars and big trucks. I'm into airbrushing and toning paint. Its a great hobby I only wish the 1:1 builds were that easy.

Thanks guys! Asa, yeah, I have a bit of a twisted sense of design when I need it, then it comes out for everyone to see!

Thing is, remember, I've been a toy maker for the past 25 years......Learned at a very young age, started into the whole thing at the ripe ole age of 9, and went and did it for a living up till last year, when I had to have surgery and then now, I'm retired, BUT I still own my shop, (Remember, I'm a modeler too) SO, now I have a really nice shop for building whatever the hell tickles my fancy.....So being a modeler, and making them for others is a way to express times, this Christmas build is a way that I'm working with something my Dad passed onto me, his mind-set, and his love for Christmas.....This is something to honor him, from his passing back in March.....Also a way for me to "deal" with this being the first holiday season, without him.....

WELL heres the first model car-ish I've completed in 26 years.............

"Santa's Hemi----------SLEIGH?????".............ENJOY!

ChristmasHemiSleigh070.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh071.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh072.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh073.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh074.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh075.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh076.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh078.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh079.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh080.jpg

And there ya have it. MY FIRST completed model in 26 years, all for the Christmas holiday, AND for a Christmas model contest, these are the finished pics of the build!

Thanks man! Now I can go back to my regular builds......My couple of A100's and God only knows what others are lurking yet.....

That's amazing! 75slant6 beat me to it... it looks like "Mrs. C" left her panties on the front seat!

Just an amazing build... turned out even better than I expected!

Now a second post to my last one to reveal the panties, there is ONE more of those sick & twisted details in this build, ALSO Christmas, BUT......Thats ALL I'm saying!

I've posted this build in THREE forums, and Caleb, your thee ONLY person to spot them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im scared to see what more you got

Asa, well my friend, you know, they're ALL MOPAR right? Those "few" cars I have of Brand X... ARE FOR TRADING to get MORE MOPAR items/cars/parts :glasses7:

You still need the A100 decals for the "Little Red Wagon"???? I got ya covered!!!!!

A couple of ADDED pics. for your viewing pleasure......:D

ChristmasHemiSleigh082.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh085.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh084.jpg

ChristmasHemiSleigh083.jpg

My MOTM in the FALLING snow, with an added "bonus"..... CHRISTMAS LIGHTS to go with it...... in the dark, and the "dots" in the picture? ARE REAL SNOW FLAKES!

Not often you get to do something like this but it was staged and timed JUST right! Thought, I'd take full ADVANTAGE of this opportunity....

Your WELCOME! I'm glad to hear that it made some little Kid's day, evening, or morning a bit brighter.. I am however sorry for the upcomming costs of models your going to hear about if HE or ANYONE else for that matter has kids may create some interest.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

An "UPDATE"!!!!!

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil3: First win in a contest, in 26 years guys! I'ma happy modeler!

Congrats John, you have awesome skills and I had no doubt that you would win with this build, way to go bud :glasses7:

Thanks guys! This is a good one, was in question as one of the guys against me was pretty good, was difficult to say the one guy is a pretty good modeler himself so.....Turns out he was beaten by one vote and became 3rd place and another guy came in 2nd...to my first place......

WAS A BLAST THO!

-
Back