A crack

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Dang it,a crack you can see it I can see ,I have been real careful putting this car back together,not so as it appears.Those sail panel's are a ***** to get off so for now I am not taking taking it out.I need some suggestion what to fill that crack.Then with a tiny brush repaint that area.SO you know its plastic.Thanks guys.

how about white-out? dont know how serious you are about getting a trophy car or it just bugs you?

Take it back out, pull the crack together and glue a supporting piece on the back side. I bet it will hardly show if done patiently.

Take it back out, pull the crack together and glue a supporting piece on the back side. I bet it will hardly show if done patiently.

No not into pulling it,have you ever pull that sail on a 74 Duster befor,is there a trick as how to,the hinge for the rear window is a *****.

No not into pulling it,have you ever pull that sail on a 74 Duster befor,is there a trick as how to,the hinge for the rear window is a *****.

Same on my Dart Sport. Pain yes, but that's what I would do.

Slide a piece of heavy paper like a business card behind it. Then fill with epoxy. Either use 5min plastic epoxy and let it start to thicken before applying. Or, get the stuff you break off a chunk and kneed together. If thats not tacky enough you could use the thin stuff first to secure the paper and like a primer. I'd experiment with the thickness a little before putting it up on the panel.

Both mine had small cracks at the latches. I just filed the notches a little oversized and smoothed them out.

I'm with the others on pulling it. Easier to deal with then ending up with that chunk in your hand fooling with it in place.

-
Back