A Dart Rollin' on 22's

-
don't know why anyone would put that kind of money in those tires and wheelsfor an older vehicle. really make them look like s--t. imo. but to each his own. just wouldn't buy it with those wheels on it unless I knew someone who would buy them from me before anyone saw them on the car.

It`s out of Miami so that`s not too surprising, sort of half way to a full Donk. On the other hand it could be lowered 6 inches with an enormous hydraulic system on it. :-D

It's pretty bad but it could be worse.

DONK.jpg

the dart isnt really that bad honestly i wouldnt do it to my car but i mean its not incredibly ugly but the other thing, thats stupid

I wonder what his reserve is??? Take a look at his reply to a question about value.

Q: just curious...how much is a car like this worth...I think it looks cool...

A: We had a collector see it when it was being serviced and he said during good economic times min. 16M but in the current economy depends what the owner finds acceptable.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

It looks bad

Agree...

these cars NEED to be either stock or lowered an inch or two...

Completely disagree. I'm lowering a lot of inches and running 18/19 Viper wheels on mine and it's going to look incredible. Here's a sample of the wheels in the wells at 5" ride height (to the rocker). Quite a bit more than an inch or two, and in NO WAY stock.

IMG_5257.jpg

To each their own. But if he gets anywhere near $16M ($16K?) for that car I'd be real surprised. Looks like a 318 car that someone stuck HUGE wheels on. I'd bet bidding will crap out around $7-8K, and the car won't sell.

There`s a lot of cars and trucks around here "done up" with huge wheels and low profile tires. The funny thing about it is that they`ll take a nice 4 wheel drive truck that`s capable of going through most anything and (by installing 24`s and rubber band tires) render it unable to traverse a pothole without blowing a tire. :-D

Swisswill, I don't see a lot of difference between yours and the one for sale.

If the car in question is in excellent condition and it goes for a reasonable $ then the wheels / tires are really a non issue..if the wheels are driving ya off, you really don't want the car and you just want to bi***.

This type of rant....let's sh** on this car for what ever reason... is being too common on this board.

I appreciate how everyone has done up their car....I may not like it, but it is their taste.. just like swisswill ...I appreciate the time, trouble, $s he has sank into his car..

Sorry, my rant, my opinions..feel free to ignore :)

If you want the car and hate the rims, buy the car sell the rims/tires and buy a few set of rims that you like.

If done right "Donks" are worth more than most of our A-bodies at the moment. We have done appraisals on a few nice ones and were surprised at what they were going for.

That Dart is NOT a Donk, it is just a Dart with big over priced wheels and tires and a 318 Dart in that condition and lack of detail (gauge cluster as noted) even with those wheels and tires is worth nowhere near 16K.

Thanks..now i understand..once I saw a MG done up like that..must have been tough to do is..wouldn't want to be on the highway with one of those..

Grassy

Swisswill, I love the way your car looks, and by no means resembles the one on ebay.
A "Donk" is a lifted car with BIG wheels on it. Most of the time are 4 door, 8's impalas. I saw one hit a bump going around the corner in Daytona, FL and it about slid sideways because the suspension was so tight.
Grassy, a Donk looks Like this:
74ImpalaDonk.jpg

this is kinda like the Mopar vs. ricer thread. If I say I like it, I will be forever flamed.
I will say I don't dislike like it.

-
Back