A Dog and His Board

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Here is a few pictures of my son and our dog Vinnie when they were much younger. Vinnie is not allowed to skateboard anymore because he hurt his hip while skateboarding and the vet said he had to stop. He loved to skateboard and even tried to skim board one time. Enjoy! NOTE: NO TEASING OR HARMING OF THE DOG WAS PERMITTED!

vinnie1.jpg

vinnie2.jpg

We have a guy here who takes his dog for a walk but the guy is on his longboard drinking coffree and the dog pulls him around the neighborhood.
The dog loves it.

Very cool ABB. I know you guys would never harm your pets.

Rotties have a bad rep. Everyone thinks that they are just big, dumb overly aggresive dogs when in contrast my rotties make some of the German Shepherd Dogs I had seem not so swift in comparison.

They brilliant, loving dogs but like any dog, if they have the wrong owner they can be a problem.

My experiences with Rotties is the same. Very smart, very friendly and VERY strong - but easily twisted by bad owners.

Rotties have a bad rep. Everyone thinks that they are just big, dumb overly aggresive dogs when in contrast my rotties make some of the German Shepherd Dogs I had seem not so swift in comparison.

They brilliant, loving dogs but like any dog, if they have the wrong owner they can be a problem.

My experiences with Rotties is the same. Very smart, very friendly and VERY strong - but easily twisted by bad owners.

They are like putty and can be made into a monster or a bunny rabbit. Not so much a problem with a 6 lb dog but a 150 lb dog is a whole different bag of wax. Obviously ABB and John have done a wonderful job. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnDpCpYE8s

Thank you fir sharing that video ramcharger, Looks like a great idea to hang a bell on the door to let you know when it's time for a duty walk :cheers:

They are like putty and can be made into a monster or a bunny rabbit. Not so much a problem with a 6 lb dog but a 150 lb dog is a whole different bag of wax. Obviously ABB and John have done a wonderful job. :cheers:

Thank You.
I have saved that video you posted.
It touched me very deeply, seeing it was so like raising Vinnie that it made me tear up.
Knowing we are not going to be together that much longer is really starting to eat at me.
We got him at 6 weeks. (I had never kept any of my own pups due to seeking new bloodlines) This was the last Rottie I have gotten, and the last one I'll ever have. I can't begin to remember how many Rotties have come through my home sense 1985. I have usually owned 2 or 3 at a time (or more!) and whelped up to 3-4 litters a year. I have been Rottie rescue and we have been know to go to pound to adopt only to bring home, train, and find loving homes for them. I have no idea how many there were. I loved them all.
When we first got Vinnie, I had a broken leg and was on crutches. He had endless fun running away from me all the time! He was so timid he would not step off 1- 5" step, of our back porch to get into the yard!! He would wait untill I could pick him up and let him down into the grass!!!
He has been swimming with us in our aboveground pool when we had one. He presently owns his own Kiddie pool that we fill up several times in the summer. He has also been skim boarding at Myrtle Beach!
I was with him constant the first 6 months he was with us. I had been off about 6 months with the leg. He has had my attention every moment I'm around him. I am glad I've had this past year to spend with him before he dies. Most Rotties usually go to 8 years if lucky. I'm pretty sure he's there now.
Well were both older now and I worry everyday what life will be like when he's gone, but I still love him with all my heart. I won't be able to take care and feed another one. Lex will be enough!
It so sad that it seems like yesterday that we went to see him the first time. His dad was playing with a 5 gallon rubber cattle bucket like it was a stuffed animal and his mom was laying quietly taking care of the litter. One puppy was running around playing with an imaginary ball about 20 feet from us. I knelt down and he looked over, ran right up to me, layed down and rolled over for belly rub! When he got up, I stacked him out, looking at form & confirmation. He had a mudd stain the size of a ping pong ball right between his eyes.
I looked over and said, let me see the papers of sire & dam......Never mind, we'll take him, I'm not breeding anymore!
He has been the best one I've ever had. He has been just as goofy/playfull and BIG as his dad, and is quiet and gentile like his mom. Except when he's playing!
I wuv my wittle Vinnie puppy!:love7: (He don't know he's 148lbs right now so don't tell him. He thinks he's a beagle!8))

ABB, I got to tell you that your pics of Vinnie & Clay both brings cheer and sadness at the same time. Clay is grown/gone and looking foward to marrage. Vinnie & I are heading into the Fall season of life. Life was so happy and endless back then..................

1.jpg

vinnie_in_pool01.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnDpCpYE8s

One for you!
Vinnie told her to put on the shades. When editing he saw that mom didn't wear hers and he left the office!8)

We all got R Gear & REPRESENTIN'!
WORD!8)

1.jpg

Awesome guys and Vinnie (Woof!). :-D

Let's hope he's not typical and goes 12 years pain free. :clock:

Here's my two goofballs with a buddie's of mine's son...8)

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063_1.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Looks like Vinnie outgrew the skateboard, and the pool!!! He looks like a great dog, I know Nella would love to get a big sloppy kiss from him. Take good care of that big loverboy!!! Geof

-
Back