A fender cover solution

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Sometimes I will wait to get something for months if I don't see exactly what I want, and this was the case when I decided to get some fender covers.
The problem was that I kind of wanted the Edelbrock Racing fender covers but they don't have pleats or anything made into them and on my Dart they either had to be hanging so far into the engine compartment they were in the way or they would just slide off onto the ground.
PLUS, even if you did let them sit clear in on the inner fender so they would stay in place there was really nothing flat to lay tools down on then without them rolling off into the engine compartment or on the ground.

My solution was to use a section of 1/2 x 1/2 square tubing and the black 3M weatherstrip adhesive to roll the tubing into the end of the covers.
I placed the tubing along the edge of the cover and ran a bead of the 3M along side it, then roll the tube into the adhesive and back out again to let the adhesive dry a bit, and then roll it back onto the adhesive.
I continued this process until the cover material was adhered to the square tubing on all sides.

Now when the covers go on the fender the foam wrapped tubing sits just inside the fender lip holding the cover in place as well as giving a flat area to set tools down.
With the cover being wrapped all the way around the tubing everything touching the fender/paint is padded, AND it holds in place even in the wind.

When I am done I just roll them up and put them in the trunk, and they stay nice and neat with no creases in them.

Edel1.jpg

Edel2.jpg

Nice! Looks thick & sticky. Some of the vinyl ones slip off easily.

Nice! Looks thick sticky. Some of the vinyl ones slip off easily.

These are foam rubber, and are a bit sticky but they would still slide off onto the ground and especially with a waxed surface any breeze at all.
Not anymore.:D

Hello All,
Nice invention.
Will we see you on Shark Tank any time soon ?
I would buy a set.
Great job.
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

Hello All,
Nice invention.
Will we see you on Shark Tank any time soon ?
I would buy a set.
Great job.
Arron

Some of the new guys need to realize that when they are talking to, or asking someone specific a question you need to quote the person so that person gets a notification.
Otherwise, as in your shark tank question I would never know you asked unless I came back to this thread for no apparent reason and noticed.

That's how you got the notification that I answered you.:D

No intention of taking this anywhere other than my fenders, so feel free to make a million if you want.:D

Hello All,
Kinda crazy but I feel anyone new or old to FABO would understand that when I said (Quote) "Nice invention" I was referring to the person that posted the nicely written aritical that described the fender cover along with the modification that made it real user friendly.
BTW keep inventing
Arron

Hello All,
Kinda crazy but I feel anyone new or old to FABO would understand that when I said (Quote) "Nice invention" I was referring to the person that posted the nicely written aritical that described the fender cover along with the modification that made it real user friendly.
BTW keep inventing
Arron
I don’t think that was the point. @TrailBeast knows you were replying to him but by clicking on the little “reply” under a post (like him and I both did) it sends a notification to the person you are quoting, so that they for sure see your comment/question and can reply in a timely manner if necessary.

I don’t think that was the point. @TrailBeast knows you were replying to him but by clicking on the little “reply” under a post (like him and I both did) it sends a notification to the person you are quoting, so that they for sure see your comment/question and can reply in a timely manner if necessary.

Hello All,
So now that we have beaten this to a horrible death and we all know how Quotes work.
Can you explain how Likes, Thanks, Agree, and last but not least Disagree work and there relationship to Notification's?
Happy Mopar:)
Arron

Hello All,
So now that we have beaten this to a horrible death and we all know how Quotes work.
Can you explain how Likes, Thanks, Agree, and last but not least Disagree work and there relationship to Notification's?
Happy Mopar:)
Arron
Sure!
“Like” is for when you like something.
“Thanks” is for when you wanna thank someone.
“Agree” is when you agree with someone.
“Disagree” is when you disagree with some.
If you use ANY of these 4 buttons, the persons who wrote the post will be notified.

As an example, nothing that trailbeast or I said was false. Therefore, you used the “disagree” button improperly. What you SHOULD’VE used was the “thanks” button.

There you go. What would you like me to beat to death next? :D

Sure!
“Like” is for when you like something.
“Thanks” is for when you wanna thank someone.
“Agree” is when you agree with someone.
“Disagree” is when you disagree with some.
If you use ANY of these 4 buttons, the persons who wrote the post will be notified.

As an example, nothing that trailbeast or I said was false. Therefore, you used the “disagree” button improperly. What you SHOULD’VE used was the “thanks” button.

There you go. What would you like me to beat to death next? :D

Hello All,
No I disagree with you and trailbeast. Button not used incorrectly.
YES = QUOTE ! "If you use ANY of these 4 buttons, the persons who wrote the post will be notified".
So, When I replayed to trailbeast original post and I hit the "LIKED" button on HIS post according to YOU he was notified that I "LIKED" his post.
I knew this so that is why I did not "QUOTE" him.
P/S I never said that anyone said something false.
NEXT.

Last edited:
:rofl:

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

Btw, good job on the fender covers, Greg. And sorry for the missive derailment. Then again, you started the derailment, so really it’s all your fault anyway. :lol:

-
Back