A few engines and transmissions for sale and some fun stuff. Petty car, Not mine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
413 wedge! Great motor, some nice stuff here
I just saw it posted, the Petty Nascar is for sale for $10,000. They aired up the tires and pushed it outside the shop yesterday. It was ran in a couple races. Dang, I should have taken more photos.

20220723_111836.jpg

Last edited:
I also saw a Plymouth Arrow in the lot. It looked like it was in nice shape. No pics, sorry

I just saw it posted, the Petty Nascar is for sale for $20,000. Phil put a 360 in it and I believe it might run and maybe lot drive. They aired up the tires and pushed it outside the shop yesterday. It was ran in a couple races. Dang, I should have taken more photos.

View attachment 1715960301
Yes, this was the body style that Brad Keselowski drove when he took Mopar to the championship, great memories, then Dodge pulled out, they just wanted to prove they could, only took the 3 short years :thumbsup:
If the chassis is still there I bet a race team would be interested in it. I would take pictures and post it up on the web and tag some small race teams in it , its not imsa , I forgot what class still races these old nascar bodies, I see Challengers in it.

Mike...do you remember seeing any of the 57 Dodge pickups that are just a plain short stepside bed truck with the big back window?
No, I failed at taking more photos. There are 3 or 4 dozen vehicles for sale in the salvage yard. I kick myself for not taking a video.

Mike...do you remember seeing any of the 57 Dodge pickups that are just a plain short stepside bed truck with the big back window?
There's 2 listed on the spreadsheet I see although I don't know how current the information is. I know of the tilt front and the 2 I posted above.

Thanks. It seems like the fellow really liked 57 Dodge trucks, so I thought there may be one or two. If you have a contact you could ask when you get a chance, would you check for me?

I heard word from Terry that the unassembled Kit car is as good as sold. It will go to a good home not to far away from where the chassis was built at the Petty shop. I hope to see it on display at a Mopar show and meet the new owner. I feel fortunate to have helped with the sale. Phil would be very happy with the new owner and his passion for the Kit car and the collection.

Terry still has more goodies left like 3 late 50's Sweptside pick ups. Buy them all and the parts and he will throw in a extra frame and "big back window cab". The tilt front "rat rod truck" is the coolest. It was built years ago by a truck driver in California. It is 60's California cool.
There is still the Petty Winston Cup Car left as well. It was a road course car driven at Sonoma and Watkins Glen. It is 80+% complete and it wouldn't take much work to make it trailer/car show drivable. It has a 318 4 barrel under the hood and needs brakes. It comes with some extra parts like a extra rear end housing, tires and the like. Pull into the show with that on a trailer and it will draw a crowd.

20220723_113202.jpg

20220723_113143.jpg

20220723_114906.jpg

View attachment 1715963927

View attachment 1715963931

105004556_315488739845021_7438578608306822610_n.jpg

210.jpg

68386941-B9B7-4E9A-AF16-4792CD2C47E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Well this has turned into a nice conversation thread. lol
Yes and that is good. Things are getting sold. I am not the seller so I cant/shouldn't start the thread in the sale forums. "Not mine" in the title allows conversation. If I was selling the parts conversation wouldn't be allowed.

I heard word from Terry that the unassembled Kit car is as good as sold. It will go to a good home not to far away from where the chassis was built at the Petty shop. I hope to see it on display at a Mopar show and met the new owner. I feel fortunate to have helped with the sale. Phil would be very happy with the new owner and his passion for the Kit car and the collection.

Terry still has more goodies left like 3 late 50's Sweptside pick ups. Buy them all and the parts and he will throw in a extra frame and "big back window cab". The tilt front "rat rod truck" is the coolest. It was built years ago by a truck driver in California. It is 60's California cool.
There is still the Petty Winston Cup Car left as well. It was a road course car driven at Sonoma and Watkins Glen. It is 80+% complete and it wouldn't take much work to make it trailer/car show drivable. It has a 318 4 barrel under the hood and needs brakes. It comes with some extra parts like a extra rear end housing, tires and the like. Pull into the show with that on a trailer and it will draw a crowd.

View attachment 1715963924

View attachment 1715963925

View attachment 1715963926

View attachment 1715963927

View attachment 1715963931

View attachment 1715963932
@FISHYPETE I know you own a Sweptside. Would you or someone you know, be interested in the trucks and parts? Terry would like to sell the whole lot. Someone could sort through all the parts, keep the best and sell the rest. It could make a cheap truck to start with. You saw the tilt front truck at Farmington. Dang, I could see Keith loving that one!

Mike....I talked to Terry last week, and he was gonna look around to see if there's a regular 57 Step side bed truck with a big back window. I haven't heard back from him, but I know he's busy. I'm supposed to call a buddy tomorrow, who's Dad already owns one Dodge ex Winston Cup car. I'll ask if he might be interested in the Petty car. If Terry finds me a truck, and he's interested in the Cup car, and @replicaracer43 buys the kit car....there will be a Carolina caravan headed to Iowa!

Mike....I talked to Terry last week, and he was gonna look around to see if there's a regular 57 Step side bed truck with a big back window. I haven't heard back from him, but I know he's busy. I'm supposed to call a buddy tomorrow, who's Dad already owns one Dodge ex Winston Cup car. I'll ask if he might be interested in the Petty car. If Terry finds me a truck, and he's interested in the Cup car, and @replicaracer43 buys the kit car....there will be a Carolina caravan headed to Iowa!
I hope it works out for you all. Fun stuff going to a good home. I hope to be able to cruise over and meet you guys when/if you come to pick up your treasures. Phil would be so proud of us all. He was such a great guy! After more than a few Old Milwaukee's we went for a ride in the ol race car. I sat on the floor because of no seat. I didn't care. Phil stuffed in a junk yard small block to make it run (barely as you can see)
I feel blessed to have a lot of fun with him. He left us too soon.

It's a done deal on the 2 kitcars and the parts, but the big thing is figuring out the logistics of hauling it all home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back