A few go wing spoiler questions

-

lee g

Reaction score
I have a few questions for those with go wing spoilers. First what is the special nuts for ($25 at fpap.com) versus regular nuts? What are the measurements between the studs on the pedestals?
Found a spoiler locally but will need the brackets for a dart but just wondering if I need the special adjustable nuts?

(thought I'd mention first that I don't have a spoiler-ready trunk lid-a p.o. simply drilled holes in mine and bolted the spoiler on).

the special nuts are just to distribute the force across the brackets, I imagine (just guessing- mine has the special nuts on it, but they're just up against the underside of the trunk lid, so they don't really have an advantage over regular nuts- they actually fit worse, if anything).
It looks on mine like it's just under 1 3/4" between the studs-hoping you mean on each mount, not side to side, but I can get that for you if you need.

i dont have any special brackets or nuts holding mine down, i just drilled holes and mounted it

the actual brackets when used cause you to cut sections of metal out of the bottom of your trunk lid to actually mount the wing bracket, the special nuts are needed if using these brakets. I have a set of brackets and mounting nuts I will sell for 40.00 plus the ride.

-
Back