A few questions for '74 Duster

-

acjk

Reaction score
So, I just got a 74 duster and I have a couple of questions.

Did they come with seat belts from the factory?
-If yes, where are the mounting points?
-If not, any pointers on installing some?

Does anybody have any experience installing AC into the car?
- I am thinking of ordering a vintage air kit since I live in the San Antonio area.
- Any cons over a factory AC?

Thank you in advance for helping.

Yes 74's came with seat belts- they mount on the floor right in front of the back seat and straight up along the roof rail-inside. There are a couple companies that make after market ac

- Any cons over a factory AC?.

If your car did not come with factory AC you cannot just swap it in there. The firewall is different.

I'm going "round the bend" so to speak, but I recently acquired a "universal" fit unit on CL that is Vintage Air. This won't matter about the firewall. Downside is it does not hook up to the factory vent connection. I'm planning on modding a Mustang vent to take care of that

This:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=322104

Thanks for the replies. The guy that restored the car covered all the mounting points with new carpet. And removed the factory AC.

Also seat belt holes under the center of the seat in the middle for the lap part of the belts

I live just outside of Bastrop Texas. I was looking into using a vintage air system. They have one for a 71 like demon I think it can be easily modified to work in a 74 Dart, which I have. I need to call them and discuss.

You're in SA, where they are located, maybe you go by there and see if they can help with the AC unit.

Steve

If you get under the car, the seat belt holes will be visible. Once you locate the correct mounting bolts & belts you can use something like an awl or an ice pick & stick it through each hole one at a time so you know where to slice your carpet.

-
Back