A flipper/scammer gets busted

-
I’m 64 had a yard for 21 years. These laws have been on the books for years. If you knowingly buy stolen property or build a vehicle with stolen parts you can be prosecuted. I know of a bunch of cars that have been rebuilt at the dealership that will not pass now if questioned

Ok I see where your coming from. As a "auto recycler" the goverment is more likely to be watching you.

I thought the video was honest and not staged. I wish I had Tony around to look at cars for me :) I am that chevy guy who's son wanted an entry level classic/hot rod and we found a 1970 Dart at the local/LA movie studio lot. Not being a MOPAR guy I was completely unprepared and completely ignorant to the MOPAR world. I wish I would have spent about a month on here before buying the car because I've had a crash course on the Dart. My first post and photo of the front of the car was a learning moment when someone pointed out that it was NOT a 1970! I was baffled because I work for a PD department and had the VIN run and the fender tag matched. I was warned by many member to not post any other numbers due to the fact it may and been stolen. Lucky for us, the front clip was replaced at some point with a 1972 Dart fenders, hood, grill. I was VERY luck. My son saved for over a year to buy the car and then I thought we'd have to find the real owners. Teaching moment for my son. But it worked out for us luckily. I love this site and all that it has taught me. I can not replace all the fun my son and I have had building it but I agree and think Tony's message is valid be an informed buyer or hire one.

To make the 1970 Dart more confusing we ended up buying a 1973 Dart as a donor car so that running gear and K member are in the car now, making it a 1970, 72, 73 Dart!!!!!! My son loves it and it's his daily driver. And although I'd NEVER sell my 69' RS Camaro my passion has now shifted to MOPAR.

Last edited:
My point is this-if”Tony” knowingly bought or caused his friend to buy an”altered vehicle”he can be prosecuted should someone down the road complain or bring to court this”forgery”. It’s not about someone’s cheap car-it’s about money. I have never taken my GM or Ford cars to a show and had someone try to”verify” their legitimacy. But”Chrysler”is a different story! I caught one jackaxx trying to peel the antifreeze sticker to read the number under it! Thanks for the good words Steve-I appreciate them!

Just asking... opinions.... Does anyone else think Tony is "rough" to cars? Not just the one in the video on this thread, but in all his videos. I mean, slam hoods, pulls old wiring, slap the panel.... honestly, if somebody was looking at my cars and doing this, I might tell them "ease up".... LOL :D

-
Back