A Gift from Memike's Mom, Donna Slater

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
Mike shared this with my a few years ago. I noticed it was on You Tube now, and Mike asked me to post this song, written and performed by his Mom.

Set aside a time to be still and really take in something very pure and beautiful....

""]Hello Stranger - YouTube

If the video won't play here, try clicking on the video's header or search You Tube "Donna Slater Hello Stranger."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you goldfish65, I remember seeing her on the tv when I was 5 years old :glasses7:
I could not understand how she could be on the tube and setting on the couch at the same time on the Rhodes show.
:glasses7:

My dad found him a girl friend while she was raising 4 of us at home :banghead:
His lose :???: and I did not see my father again till I moved here when I was 16.
Happy tear this morning and thank you for posting this :color: I did not know it was on utube

My mom and I posing together for a picture before I took off from Illinois (Paw Paw) for the drive to meet my father and start a new life :glasses7:

That Mole hair couch I found in in a Co-op office and the drums I had to leave behind.

Mom and I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow it has meaning after Mike shared the story. Almost made me cry for all the heart ache your mom must have felt. So cool!

Wow it has meaning after Mike shared the story. Almost made me cry for all the heart ache your mom must have felt. So cool!

Starts out as comforting as a lullaby, just a guitar strumming and light-hearted singing, then.... not many songwriters can do what she does...there's not an extra word or filler in this song.

Mike shared this with my a few years ago. I noticed it was on You Tube now, and Mike asked me to post this song, written and performed by his Mom.

Set aside a time to be still and really take in something very pure and beautiful....

Hello Stranger - YouTube

If the video won't play here, try clicking on the video's header or search You Tube "Donna Slater Hello Stranger."

Thanks to the both of you, goldfish65 and memike.

The more I think about it, I can hear a little Loretta Lynn influence there.

Mike was she a fan of Loretta's.

Starts out as comforting as a lullaby, just a guitar strumming and light-hearted singing, then.... not many songwriters can do what she does...there's not an extra word or filler in this song.

Agree, very pretty voice and Pretty woman!

Thank you David.

A beautiful lady and a beautiful song.

I'm so proud of you Mike. You are a good friend and brother to me.

Thank you again David :color: and thank all of you :glasses7: My mom is smiling upon me/us tonight.
My hart is humbled tonight seeing all of you voicing your thoughts here and it makes it that much easier for me to do my job here that I am proud to have a chance to do :color:

Treva and Mike .

Going on the air to tell the story about my mom and her music KASU radio this month, wow am I so happy they want to keep Mom's music alive for history .. Here she is back in 1975 waiting on friends and family to enjoy a night under the stares to play some music

10157109_534127776699502_7328211031407404517_n.jpg

Very nice Mike, such a joy that they are doing that.

Here is the video of the song again for anyone who would like to hear it...

-
Back