A good source for pushrods?

-

Valkman

Reaction score
I'm installing a roller-cam in my LA with with 1:6 adjustable rockers and I need a set of 5/16 pushrods 6.50" long with a cup on one end. I really don't want to have to go through the expense of a custom set if I can help it.

Did the same thing.... You can make your own from Comp parts for less than a set from Smith Brothers, and have them in a coupla days. You buy the rods and cups separately. I wrote up a thread showing the steps if that is of any interest.

A place called OE Pushrods. Talk to Don. He is the manufacturer for most aftermarket shops. Ask nice and he will throw in a couple extra. You will save a lot of money.

get 16 slant pushrods, grind edge and pull ball ends out of tubes and then cut the rod to size minus ball length. Press ball tips back in and your good to go for $20. Now if you got money for this stuff, disregard.....

Last edited:
If your running a roller cam your obviously going to be running some spring pressure.
Pushrods would be a very bad area to cheap out on.
Should be able to get a set made by Smith brothers very resonably that have some wall thickness.

Smith bros.

I opt for the radius ball end to alleviate any digging into the lifter cup from the push rod angularity due to 59 degree lifter banks

Just ordered a set from Smith Bros last week. They know their stuff.
Pricing has gone up due to a tarif on specialty alloys they get from Germany.

Urghh...

I'm installing a roller-cam in my LA with with 1:6 adjustable rockers and I need a set of 5/16 pushrods 6.50" long with a cup on one end. I really don't want to have to go through the expense of a custom set if I can help it.

A place called OE Pushrods. Talk to Don. He is the manufacturer for most aftermarket shops. Ask nice and he will throw in a couple extra. You will save a lot of money.

We used OE Pushrods for Eddie's 340 and they were cheaper than most regular pushrods...

Home - OE Push Rods - Manufacturer & Distributor

If your running a roller cam your obviously going to be running some spring pressure.
Pushrods would be a very bad area to cheap out on.
Should be able to get a set made by Smith brothers very resonably that have some wall thickness.
This is a pretty mild hydraulic street cam. It's a regrind of a stock LA roller which is a cast shaft so you don't want to go high with spring pressure.

I aquired a set of Mantons, they are out of Elsinore area? These beasts were tapered they were so big in the cross section. Sold them asap as they were way overkill for my B, My slant rods are working fine for my LA flat tappet app, stock roller material doesn't take to 300lb seat pressure. If the weakest part of the valve train is the pushrods, you are doing it right as they are the cheapest bits to replace. Bustin a T&D roller rocker because the 1/2 tapered cro-mo pushrod popped out the seat isn't the way to play.

Mopars have high deck height and long pushrods
As Mae West may have said "you can't have them too big or too stiff"

-
Back