A little cool today

-
leblanc, I've been watching the weather down East, and you folks are doing really good for this time of the year. This morning my thermometer was reading -29*C and with the wind chill factor it's at -42*.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Celcius ratings, -40* is the same in either Celcius or Farenheit! Walking from the Jeep in to my office area brought a tear to my eyes with that damned NW wind whistling around my snot box. :)

Don't let that snot box freeze up.
Yep that is darn cold I unlouded corn on time back in the 70des,nourthern Ill.
with a wind chill of -55 . this was the first time I ever owned a snow mobeal suit.
hope everyone is doing ok. yall have hade some bad stuff to deal with.
how is jimmy boy.

I'm just about to PM Jimmy boy and see if he's still burried under the snow on Vancouver Island. Those wussies out there aren't used to anything but rain, and the wet snow they've had over the past couple of days probably has them all hunkered down with their noses tucked under their tails (Pee-U). :) I heard on the news last night that large sections of the island have no power because the snow is so wet and heavy that its knocking down trees and power lines. Jimmy boy is old Navy so I'm sure he's seen some storms before and knows how to hunker down and wait it out. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Cerwin on here for a few days either, and he lives just down the road from Jimmy boy.

Yep good to know he is an old seamon :sign12:
he is most likely helpin folk's over there keep worm and fed.
Hang in there jimmy boy!! were ever you are. :director:

70coyoteduster said:
Its been in the fifties all week here in Green Bay. Had my car out for a drive today. Its supposed to rain for the next five days and then get colder. Time to button up the car for the winter. Next month, off to Arizona.

What are you gonna be doing in Arizona? And Im glad I live here where it barely gets cold out.

Was 6 deg F and with a wind chill of -8 deg F here in eastern Washington this morning, it's just that time of year. Being it is desert we don't get much snow just cold Snowed all day Sunday and only got 2 inches. Rumble I've been looking at your weather and can't believe how warm it is in NY.

The Eastern part of the continent seems to be enjoying some really balmy weather compared to the West. I'm just a little envious, but I didn't complain when times were warm, so I guess I shouldn't ***** when it gets a little chilly. :)

OldVart said:
The Eastern part of the continent seems to be enjoying some really balmy weather compared to the West. I'm just a little envious, but I didn't complain when times were warm, so I guess I shouldn't ***** when it gets a little chilly. :)

Yea, but they'll get theirs in about 3 days as this crap moves east. This could be a helluva mean Alberta Clipper. Or not.

Demon, that's exactly what I've been thinking - Laugh now baby, but we're sending this Alberta Clipper right at ya'. :evil2:

I finally got to use Evil's little devil icon.

I just heard back from Jimmy boy a few minutes ago and they got 14" of wet snow, knocked his power out for 20 hours, and there's about 4" of ice on the road leading up the incline to his house. Needless to say he isn't driving the Signet today. :) He just finished cutting up some firewood and shoveling snow before he PM'ed me so I guess he'll be O.K. We haven't heard from Cerwin as yet.

Yep, temp is starting to drop here, not to bad @ 37 F right now but it's supposed to get down to 9 F tonight. The weather people are calling the dip in the jet stream the "Siberian Express". Crap, just started snowing too.

OldVart said:
The most feared of all meteorological phenomina - the dreaded Siberial High!! :)

Hmm....Does that mean I should stay inside with a tall glass of Vodka? :drunken:

ramcharger said:
Hmm....Does that mean I should stay inside with a tall glass of Vodka? :drunken:

Actually, for the last 3 days, I've been swilling back a nice strong columbian coffee that I grind myself with a healthy ounce of irish creme. :coffee2:

I'll bet for Oldvart it's Hot Toddeys.

Just kidding! Gotta work tommorrow no matter what happens. :angel9: I used visit my parents cabin up in Northern WI when I lived in Chicago IL and recall 40-50F below weather without windchill. I remember taking out the garbage and leaving it on the porch, going back in to empty the other garbage cans, walking back out and grabing the plastic bag only to have the top of the plastic hefty bag crack off! That's cold man! Here's some pics of one of those insanely cold mornings while on my way to do a little cross-country skiing. This was in the day of wood skis and you waxed them yourself. This was a green wax day.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

ramcharger, that looks all too familiar. :) It's -30*C here this morning and -42* with the wind chill - and I mean chill. When the dog went out to do the old three-leged salute this morning, he had to keep backing up so he wouldn't freeze on. :blob:

demon, I'm strictly a beer drinker these past few years. :drinkers: Mama laid down the law about the evils of hard liquor last time I thumped out 2 guys in the hotel, and she told me I was getting too old for that ****. [-X She's probably right, so it's strictly barley pops these days. :binky:

OldVart said:
ramcharger, that looks all too familiar. :) It's -30*C here this morning and -42* with the wind chill - and I mean chill. When the dog went out to do the old three-leged salute this morning, he had to keep backing up so he wouldn't freeze on. :blob:

demon, I'm strictly a beer drinker these past few years. :drinkers: Mama laid down the law about the evils of hard liquor last time I thumped out 2 guys in the hotel, and she told me I was getting too old for that ****. [-X She's probably right, so it's strictly barley pops these days. :binky:

Oldvart I thout you may have a wild streek inya. :rambo:
Glad mama laid down the law,Mine did too. gotta lovem. cold frosted mug.
and mama. :thumbup: Ok maybe a shot of takilya now and again :angel9:

hay thank's side!! Back to the weather just to inform every one Well your weather is going to give you the high of 1*c tuesday,that will be your warm day. as you know,you have a cold wet wind out of the N. at 39mh and gust to50km/h your humidity is a wappin 93%. dag gum how do yall do it. :drinkers: :drinkers:

Its 20 degrees here in Oklahoma & sleeting. We are expecting 8 to 10 inches of snow. I just lit the heater in the shop.

Dam, this thread has got some legs Sid. It's minus 10C here south of Calgary and just said bye to the wife (on her way to work) and I'm on my second cup of coffee. :thumbup:

OldVart said:
Mike it's only -18*C here this morning but there's a 40KPH (25MPH) wind blowing right down the valley here at work - OUCH!

Sid We got some of that cliper down here!I just returned from my old house were the dog's are and the wind chill is a cold +5 degres here in Arkansas.
I doubeled up on the dog food with Two egg's each in there food and new water and when I was carrying the st.banard water to him 5gal I slipped on some ice and busted my a$$ and got wet, OUCH 20mh wind's. It did not take long for me to get in a hot shower.====now back to the sheet rock :thumbup: Injoying your thread memike

-
Back