A little detour Built my own rotisserie using plans off ebay

-

hemi446

Reaction score
I decided after years of welding floors and frame connectors in laying on my back or if I was luck using one of my lifts at work but I had to be done before the guys were back to work on Monday I didn't want tie up a bay so one of tech's couldn't work.
So I found some cheap plans on eBay and went to work. I spent about 800.00 and 20 hours measuring, cutting and welding but now no more upside and this is what I came up with now all I have to do is put a car on it. The first one is a 69 GTX for a friend of mine to weld some US Car Tool frame connectors
Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
I decided after years of welding floors and frame connectors in laying on my back or if I was luck using one of my lifts at work but I had to be done before the guys were back to work on Monday I didn't want tie up a bay so one of tech's couldn't work.
So I found some cheap plans on eBay and went to work. I spent about 800.00 and 20 hours measuring, cutting and welding but now no more upside and this is what I came up with now all I have to do is put a car on it. The first one is a 69 GTX for a friend of mine to weld some US Car Tool frame connectors
Let me know what you think
I'd like to see it.

Here's the one I built. With a little luck my Demon will FINALLY be coming off of it and be on wheels by the end of the month.

039.JPG

I used different pictures and a different computer to get the pictures to upload. So here they are.
Looking at it right now it's about 10 foot long but it will expand to 28 feet between the mounting arms

DSC01038.JPG

DSC01039.JPG

DSC01040.JPG

Rotis' looks great. I'm not sure that is the optimal position for welding subframe connectors though.
I'm not sure what is the best ether.
After 50 years I will assume a unibody has sagged about as much as its going to ( between the wheels ) but... supported out at the very ends it might sag more in the middle. good luck with it.

Last edited:
First it's not a Hemi car it's my sons car from high school 340 Automatic runs mid 12's but he keeps working on it and going slower
Second I start welding the frame connectors in with the car on jack stands to get them in straight and level but then we will put it on the rotisserie to finish them up.

First it's not a Hemi car it's my sons car from high school 340 Automatic runs mid 12's but he keeps working on it and going slower
Second I start welding the frame connectors in with the car on jack stands to get them in straight and level but then we will put it on the rotisserie to finish them up.
Nice job! If I needed to use it more than once, I would probably build something similar. But if I ever want to flip a car, I would probably be more likely to build one like this:
IMG_0480.JPG

-
Back