A little early for these

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
F73B0C0E-7C01-4F48-8BAF-DF0B6BB6596A.jpeg
first one of the year here. Prairie rattler, very aggressive, wouldn’t let me out of the garage. He lost the argument.

I wish we would have some turn up. That's good eatin.

By the welcome mat, I can see that don't apply to all visitors. LOL

Yes it did, he should have known people in eastern Colorado are packing.

I wish we would have some turn up. That's good eatin.
Ha... Yea snake, gator tail, rabbit, all tastes like fried chicken!!!!!! Sorry I will takes the darn $5 chicken!!!!

Last week, cat killed a coral snake.... week before, headed out to the barn, the house cat ( likes to go help me feed) was pointing to a snake right in front of me, ( I though it ws s tree root at first) this time a half grown cotton mouth. I put my put on the SOB's head and told the wife get me the hoe. Then month ago I was cleaning in the pasture around an old pile, and uncovered young copper head! Usually all we see is rat snakes, blue racers, and puff adders!

Only one poisonous type of snake in Michigan and none of them near me! I’m OK with that!

View attachment 1715176256 first one of the year here. Prairie rattler, very aggressive, wouldn’t let me out of the garage. He lost the argument.

I don't know if you guys have the Mojave Green rattler up there or not but those are the nastiest little mothers I have ever run across in the rattle snake breeds.
They are fast, aggressive and there is no anti venom for them being they are in the viper family.
They look just like the Diamond back, but green.

I was doing a full trot backwards and it was still making an effort to get to me until I blasted it.
Some "experts" say Rattlers don't chase or attack, but I know for fact from being involved with them for decades that is BS. :D

Rattlesnake.jpg

Haven't crossed too many snakes in Oklahoma this spring. But the turtles are all over the place right now.

well i'll be damned. we have those green rattlers around our place too. never could get anybody to believe me. good to see i'm not the only one who dont know what i'm talking about. :lol:

I don't know if you guys have the Mojave Green rattler up there or not but those are the nastiest little mothers I have ever run across in the rattle snake breeds.
They are fast, aggressive and there is no anti venom for them being they are in the viper family.

I was doing a full trot backwards and it was still making an effort to get to me until I blasted it.
Some "experts" say Rattlers don't chase or attack, but I know for fact from being involved with them for decades that is BS. :D

View attachment 1715176502
We just have the prairie, and diamond back, I will take the diamondback any time. I have had the prairie rattlers come at me in the garage.

What do you do where you are involved with them?

What do you do where you are involved with them?

Not so much as past years, but I used to live in the Sierra Nevada mountains north of Tahoe and they were all over the place there.
Even had a metal sheet surrounded area not to far from my house where they enclosed one den because it was so big and in huge boulders where they couldn't really get to them to remove them.

I used to catch them for the local college where they milked for anti venom and at $20 a snake it was pretty good money.
Got pulled over once with an ice chest with a bungie around it on the luggage rack of my motorcycle with 7 of them in it, and the cop wanted me to open it because he thought I had beer in it.
I cracked the lid and he about crapped his pants and started yelling at me to get off the road with them.:D
Only been bit twice but both were more grazes than actual bites and only caused a light swelling.

Even after all that the Mojave Greens kinda make me real wary.

Haven't crossed too many snakes in Oklahoma this spring. But the turtles are all over the place right now.

So are the dam ants, every kind of piss ant in the world, big ones, small ones, flying ones, and regular ones. Gonna poison the hell out of the place if it ever dries up for a few days .

So are the dam ants, every kind of piss ant in the world, big ones, small ones, flying ones, and regular ones. Gonna poison the hell out of the place if it ever dries up for a few days .

Haven't noticed the ants here in OKC. Where in Oklahoma are you if you don't mind?

I mess with rattlers whenever I see them up here. Its hard to get them to strike ! We must have a different breed up here.

The different rattlers I have experienced just want to get away from you. Cottonmouths will go after you. Or get in your boat, especially if they smell fish. I don't want to meet any of those Green Rattlers!!!!

I had one get aggressive and sttike repeatedly but I think he just hated Austrians...

Kept trying to bite my KTM...lol

Nothing but heat and vibration there. Probably his worst nightmare !
I just grabbed a long dead branch and scootched him off the trail then rode along.

Biggest one I have seen in Idaho.

The different rattlers I have experienced just want to get away from you. Cottonmouths will go after you. Or get in your boat, especially if they smell fish. I don't want to meet any of those Green Rattlers!!!!

Same experience with diamondbacks here, but the greens are definitely a different attitude.
My Brother lived and did a lot of fishing in Louisiana, and man the stories about those snakes are kind of scary. :D

I had one get aggressive and sttike repeatedly but I think he just hated Austrians...

Kept trying to bite my KTM...lol

Nothing but heat and vibration there. Probably his worst nightmare !
I just grabbed a long dead branch and scootched him off the trail then rode along.

Biggest one I have seen in Idaho.

I have had the same thing happen when riding.
Saw one sitting right by the side of the trail all pissed looking and right as I got there I lifted my right leg and he hit the motor.
They sense by heat, and I'm sure all the noise and movement didn't help his attitude any.

That was this guy.

snake.jpg

I never even got off my bike. Wasnt too concerned about him penetrating my boots or riding gear. He had a vivid blue tongue ! Like electric blue...
I never kill them. I figure they kill varmints that will do more harm overall.

Yes, not one to be bitten by for sure, not that other snakebites are better. This guy carries a punch. Both Neuro and Hemotoxic venom. Not only you have to deal with the excessive bleeding but you have the neuro toxin affecting you as well. Takes a lot of Crofab to overcome the symptoms. Definitely a lengthy hospital stay.

Yes, not one to be bitten by for sure, not that other snakebites are better. This guy carries a punch. Both Neuro and Hemotoxic venom. Not only you have to deal with the excessive bleeding but you have the neuro toxin affecting you as well. Takes a lot of Crofab to overcome the symptoms. Definitely a lengthy hospital stay.

We have a neighbor that catches and relocates snake for a hobby. He's the local snake catcher. Most of the snake calls come from the gated communities east of where I live. They are up against the mountains where they get all kinds of critters.

-
Back