A little head work !

-

383man

Reaction score
I finally got back to working on my heads. I am almost there as I have my larger valve seats cut and have a little porting to finish yet. I have already cut the guide tops and spring seats and just need to set my spring heights. My shortblock is almost done also and as soon as my head gaskets get here I hope to do some final assembly work on my 63 eng. Tranny is done and I got my convertor last week so I hope to be dropping the eng and tranny in within a few weeks. Ron

113898837.jpg

Hey , thats what I was doing last winter. Here are some pics of mine too. I just took my shortblock in for balancing, and assembly today. Not too sure when I am going to put it in though, the 383 is running too good. So what do ya think Sr. Is Jr. in trouble ?? Who is gonna be top dog ? LOL. Should be fun, I'll never forget the look on my Dads face when my little turbo charged V6 (Grand National 12.98@104) kicked his 340 Cudas arse. He didn't know what hit em. He has since passed away, those were the days, damn I miss him ........................
11010128no.jpg

11010192le.jpg

11010142pe.jpg

So far I have just used my carbide cutters. I have not done any polishing yet and I hope to finish that this week. Fastback 383 they look real nice. Thats some good work you did. Ron

-
Back