a little help confused 360 mag to a a-904

-

waynes72dart

Reaction score
ok well im building a a904 and mating it to a 360 mag i know this question has been asked a million times but help me out i havnt purchased a TQ for it yet I have the flexplate that came with the 360 mag which flexplate do I need and were from p.n would be nice and witch t.q would yall rec. looking for a 2,000/2,500 stall?? that would work with my combo.

thanks in advance
wayne

I just put a 360 mag in my Duster. I went 3600 stall, but thats with my gear and other things considered that matched up. I dont know what year your motor is, but one tip; make sure you have the correct weight balance for the TQ or have an annoying vibration.

motor came out of a 97 2500 van car is being built for the street and strip mild 360 ext

I'm building a similar project: A neutral balance converter will work with your magnum stock flexplate. Priced reasonably, Mopar Performance 166k OR 175k are alright from what I hear, although the QC isn't consistent. If I get a converter it'll be a Hughes 2500, seems to strike a good balance $ vs. product. There are several options, the search function will give you some options as well. With torque converters, you get what you pay for.

Keep a aux cooler on your 904 and you'll be ahead of the game.

Good Luck.

My combo is aftermarket 360 Magnum harmonic balancer, the magnum flex plate that came with my engine and a 3500 Band M holeshot converter with no weights on it..( was told by B&M that with magnum engines the flex plate was balanced to the engine by drilling holes in it, on early magnum flexplates one hole must be elongated slightly to fit std 904 converter)

i have a dynamic 2500 stall convertor that went from behind a 340 to behind a crate 360. just used an aftermarket flexplate for an externally balanced small block. think it was a B&M flexplate, maybe mr. gasket... been so long I can't remember!

-
Back