a little help needed 340 TA heads

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
a guy came thru the shop a couple days ago with a worn out motor with t/a 340 heads on it, complete with rockers push rods etc. my problem is i dont know what is reasonable for both parties? i have never seen theese heads before let alone a chance to buy a set. the heads are on a worn out 360, witch i told him i didnt need, so he said make an offer on the heads. anybody know what theese heads go for?

thank you for your time and any help

I'm guessing around $800+/- with the offset TA rocker shafts. Here's a pic for U

Attachments

• 340 TA Motor 009.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 740
Unless you're restoring an AAR/TA (or cloning one) or need them for sometype of racing requirement (think FAST) then they're worth about the standard x heads price. For what it's worth, you'll get more out of a set of aftermarket heads then stock heads.

worth a lot to someone with an AAR or TA who does not have the original heads...I have seen them sell as high as 1200 bucks with rockers.....

you might want to spend a few dollars and have them checked for cracks....

I paid $1200.00 for a set of bare NOS in the boxes T/A heads when the market was at its peak.

The rockers are not reproduced, but they can be bushed if needed, they are a great find, especially as a complete set.

Some T/A blocks were sold as 355 CID for race applications.

I recomend bushing the rockers on all TA's and get rid of the hole that oils the valve cover as it shoots oil to the bottom side of the valve cover and keep the one that oils the valve tip... Just my opinion as that is what I have done... onecat

i didnt think of the rarety and what not just want 340 heads at a reasonable price. maybee somebody who needs them will trade for x heads. who knows? it will be a while befor i start to assemble my motor anyways.
5K95Hd5P33Fe3m73J4c8b80e40b6e05f91c9d.jpg

-
Back