A Mopar made the list

-
AND 36 mpg to boot. That was back in 1976. Doesn't look like we've come very far in the last 38 years. (As far as mpg's) Modern Cars should be getting much much better mpg's if you ask me.

Would love to have ,four out of five. All well engineered,no one paid attention.

Assholes looked real hard to find a Duster pic to represent.:wack:

Not only did it make the list but topped it at #1!! As Mopar always does ;)

I'd drive it too..36 mpg is not too bad.it is funny how the duster was the only car in tha list that was a beater tho.

al bundy

Woah 36 MPGs. You need to be ugly and fwd to get MPGs like that today. They dont make em like they used to. :sad3:

im curious as to what was changed to aluminum on the feather duster?

AND 36 mpg to boot. That was back in 1976. Doesn't look like we've come very far in the last 38 years. (As far as mpg's) Modern Cars should be getting much much better mpg's if you ask me.

Three words. Big oil companies.

Cars weight a lot more. After all everyone needs power heated/cooled seats that weight a ton. Plus 32 air bags, 50 cup holders and a 1500 watts stereo.

Ethanol. That's the problem, or at least the major one. It takes nearly twice the amount of ethanol to do the same "work" as gasoline. And when the piss you buy at the pump is 10% ethanol, it's gonna take more of it to do the "work".

Also, the enviro whack jobs think you should be able to breath the exhaust on today's cars. In a lot of cases, tighter emission standards equate to less volumetric efficiency.

...and now the 30+ MPG cars have 300 horsepower.

...and can get that MPG with the A/C running and the 200A alternator required for the electronics.

That's the advancement.

electronics dont require 200A

but my problem with the "modern" cars is this:

25 years from now, when your car is long gone and not made any longer, and parts are getting scarce, who will "rebuild" your computer for you

haha there are tons of mazdas, hondas, mitsubishis etc in salvage yards and when those are gone all those 90's cars will need custom computers when people want to restore them. good luck with that.

people here freak out when an set of repop taillights cost $399

imagine if you need a computer for a 1992 something or other.
someone gonna get rich

200A was kind of facetious.

I agree about complex systems and repro.

Probly not gonna get done.

How about the later model Mopar switches that don't have any guts, or a direct connection to the device they control, just a resistance change and the different positions are calculated by the BCM?????

Switch NEVER goes bad, but if your headlights stay on brights and regular don't work.....$300 computer.

-
Back