A-motor aluminum rocker arms

-

EARLYHEMIBILL

Reaction score
I was at the local speed shop looking for a set of aluminum adjustable rocker arms for a 318. The guy showed me a set with roller tips and adjusters, but no bearings. They were red anodized and the bearing hole showed signs of being honed like in a brake cylinder. It had no needle bearings and no bronze bushings. Acoording to him, they just run aluminum on steel shafts. Has anyone on this site run these? Were they successful?

well they started as coke cans in america, got melted down in china and turned in to the crap you saw.

do not buy them, they may work fine at first, if you can get them to fit your valve springs, i literally threw a set away

i bought the stainless prw rocker arms and i am impressed

most roller rocker set up you see will not have bearings in them. they will however have sleeves bushed into them. quality aluminum rockers have sleeves inserted into them. they make needle bearing rocker arms but they are crazy expensive. I have the comp cams magnum roller rockers and they are great quality.

well they started as coke cans in america, got melted down in china and turned in to the crap you saw.

do not buy them, they may work fine at first, if you can get them to fit your valve springs, i literally threw a set away

i bought the stainless prw rocker arms and i am impressed
Thanks. I didn't buy them. I got a set with needle bearings. Now, will I need special rocker arm shafts or will the stock ones work?

-
Back