A new member with some questions

-

69340swinger

Reaction score
Hello folks,my name is Larry and I am in the market for a 1969 Dodge Dart 340 swinger with a bench seat and a 4 speed.

Missed out on one when I was a kid and I am still looking for a car. I plan on attending the show in july at Carlilse PA.

I am just trying to get better educated on the car.

I went to barnes and noble and the had a book called the mopar red book by peter sessler but it had only information on dart gt's no mention of singers in it.

can anyone recomend a book with the production numbers on the swingers,what option were available and how to de code the tags

Also what is the difference between the 2 red colors for a 69.

Thanks for your input

Welcome Larry. Bought one in '72. '69 Swinger 340 4spd, red with black bench interior. '69 is the BEST looking year. Get Galen Govier's books. He has ads in the Mopar magazines. What 2 reds, R4 and EV2? They all look the same to me. Don't think we have paint chips on this site to compare. Check in Tech Archives, there are some production figs., part #s, and other things in there. Good luck finding one. Ray

Thanks Ray

on and off I have been looking for this car,I recently was reading Hemmings and found one local to me and went to look at it but it was an old lady in a new dress that took a real bad shot in the left rear 1/4 panel and was repaired improperly. the color on the out side of the car was an orangey red,(may have been from flouresant lights) but the engine bay, trunk area,door jambs were a richer deeper red. the car I remember was an orangey red.

I am just trying to get an education before the July show in Carlilse PA.

I have been playing with corvettes the last couple of years and before that Mustangs and cadillacs and pretty much any restoration part I need for those cars I was always able to find. Is it the same was with these dart swingers?

-
Back