A new "Slant" on things!

-

injunwiz

Reaction score
Welp, I sold my Doge 2500 Cummins truck last Saturday, just too much truck for me at this time. I had it 7 years and needed something still with an 8 ft. bed, DODGE, and good on gas and easy maintenance. Here's what I bought! 1982 Dodge Ram 150 custom : long wheel base, 225 (straight six) engine, New engine not rebuilt installed by Dodge dealer approximately 24,000 miles ago (have receipts), also have original invoice for truck purchased in 1982. Very good shape (body & interior) for a 30 yr old truck. Very few dings and still decent piant. No rust. Interior clean (no cracks in dash), everything works. AC needs a little freon to work again. Has not been used in years. Runs and drives great. Just pulled full car trailer with truck on it from Florida without any issues. Good tires. Asking : $ 2,000.00 firm. Would drive anywhere ! Reliable and solid as a rock ! Sez straight six but they mean SLANT 6! I've had a few in the past including one I got from my Uncle. He bought it brand new 1968 Dart GT Slant 6, drove it for 180,000 miles, I got it and drove it to 226,000 miles, never had the head off and still running when I sold it! I bought it last night so we are just getting to know each other. I got all the papers, even the original sales papers from the dealer and manual! Drives easy, great steering and ride. A little less power than the HEMI and Cummins though! Just what I needed for running around here and hauling a few things. Anyone here have one to talk about or any old parts around they don't want?

I have a 77 D200, unknown mileage, ex-military, crew cab. Bought for about $500 in 91, beat the snot out of it and will never give it up as long as I can fix it! Moved from OK. to NE. in 94, had a 4000 lb slide in camper in the bed, 2 layers of fruit boxes packed in inside, all packed full of books, and a tandem axle trailer hooked on loaded to about 6000 lb. averaged 11 mpg at 65-70 mph. All this with the original slant six!
Don't tell me the slant is a weak engine! On a return trip to OK. it burned a hole in #6 piston big enough to stick my thumb through (vacuum leak) and it still went 150 miles pulling an empty trailer at 65 mph. I have people tell me to junk the truck and get a new one, that's NEVER going to happen!

there are some big slant guys here... my self included! there are some easy and cheap stuff to do to really make it go and get better mileage doing it...

Attachments

• 100_4732.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 143
:worthles:

Here you go!
5L95E25J73Ef3I43F8c4n44192b0fdac913.jpg
5If5Ef5Mc3Kd3m43pec4n9efd7c7d863712.jpg

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Backing Out of Garage 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 67
-
Back