A question about Dyno2000

-

mean318

Reaction score
I have recently put data in the Dyno2000 program for my 318 and it says I am making about 388 flywheel HP!

The question I am trying to ask is: Does anyone have any experience using this software?
How accurate is this software?

I mean I have turned a best of 13.55 at 102 mph with a 3.91 sure grip and I still was not done tuning the carb.

Whats your build? Go by your weight and mph to figure how much power you are making..

If you are say

3400lbs @ 102mph = 281rwhp
3500lbs @ 102mph = 289rwhp
3600lbs @ 102mph = 298rwhp

You are probably like 3500lbs with driver.

I'm guessing 3300 with the car pictured and you weighing 200lbs. But in any case, the P/C dyno is about 50 horsepower high after converting to crankshaft hp. It's typical for them to be wayyyyy off.

ive also noticed the numbers seem a lil high. They are roughly ball park figures, also when u input a cam is it pretty helpful in that field of choosing power ranges and such obviously id ask on here first im just wondering?

Knowing your head flow numbers is a must for it to be anywhere close to correct. The generic head flow files it has will give you a ballpark figure at best. Even then there are other variables. For one it only gives you basic intakes to choose from also. We all know how an intake can affect things. And knowing your exact compression ratio helps some.

-
Back