A question of football - Deflategate

-

grassy

Reaction score
I know absolutely no one that is into football and this question has been bugging me..

If letting the air out of a football makes it easier to hold and Tom Brady let the air out of the footballs so it would help him...didn't he, by virtue, make it easier to hold for everybody on the field hence keeping or maintaining a level playing field ?

Seems like there was no harm done here except for perhaps a artificial regulation ?

Help me out here..

grassy

Not to minimize your question, but the entire episode seemes to be more about hype, than about anything else. A growing number of true football fans are coming to the conclusion, of, "who cares". Personally, I certainly don't.

The two teams on the field don't use the same ball. Each has a bag of balls to use, roughed up to the quarterbacks' likening.

This isn't baseball, where the ump keeps the balls.

Not to minimize your question, but the entire episode seemes to be more about hype, than about anything else. A growing number of true football fans are coming to the conclusion, of, "who cares". Personally, I certainly don't.

Actually, Frank, some of us do.

I agree with the critics that this is Goodell trying to distance himself from Kraft, whom many owners have accused of being too buddy-buddy. After the way the league handled Spygate, with just a few fines and a suspension of draft picks the owners criticized Goodell for not coming down on the Patriots organization hard enough.

Each team has thier own football's the nfl is supposed to be checking them I think the whole thing is a black eye to the league , you (the patriots organization) have been caught twice in less than ten years cheating at the professional level and people don't seem to care ! Brady says he didn't know ? Come on people give me a break for crying out loud ! Try giving Sydney Crosby a different stick, give Kobe Bryant an under inflated basketball , give Derek Jeter a different bat my point is you have been handling a football since you were a little kid and you expect me to believe that you didn't know ? Not only a cheat but a liar as well !

Sorry, I now understand. I thought the football was like a hockey puck..the same one used by all during the whole game.

Odd that it isn't.

Thanks, I appreciate your responses.

ian.

WAA Waa Waa...keep crying it was NEVER proven that Brady did anything wrong....can't wait til they kick the **** out of Indy:violent1::violent1:

Waa Waa Waa sounds like Brady !!!! You need to listen to Shannon Sharpe talk about it on his blog Google it . He talks of his 15 years in the nfl and what the equipment managers would do for the players all of the detailed items that each player demanded each week to be placed in thier locker , the cowards hang it on the ballboy and those guys would NOT have done that on their own unless they wanted fired . So like it cor not you're golden boy is a liar and a cheat !

IMO karma wouldn't be if in the first game that he balled his eyes out to play that he suffered a season ending injury just saying !

WAA Waa Waa...keep crying it was NEVER proven that Brady did anything wrong....can't wait til they kick the **** out of Indy:violent1::violent1:

Give it a rest.

New England will have an asterisk next to every championship as each one has been surrounded by some sort of cheating controversy. Play clean and the controversy wouldn't exist.

What I don't understand is, if they allow the balls to be roughed up to the QBs liking... why not aired to the QB's liking? Seem kinda dumb.

-The NFL sends about 30 balls to each team for each game the week before the game; these are the quarterback balls. The equipment guys are allowed to break them in (within reason - the NFL doesn't like super beat up footballs appearing on TV) to the specifications the quarterbacks want. Some guys like more tackiness, some guys like smoother, whatever. These balls have the team name on them so the quarterbacks get the ball they want during the game.

The 12 K-balls (kicking balls) are unwrapped the day of the game and the equipment guys get 45 minutes to try to break them in (fun fact- before Tony Romo dropped that field goal snap and complained about the ball grease they only had 15 minutes) as much as possible - they're allowed to use a stiff brush and a sink of water. Both teams will use these balls for kicking, they cycle between ball 1 and ball 2 every kick (the balls are also numbered from 1-12). The equipment guys can generally only break in balls 1-4, so if you lose a couple you're going to face a much tougher time kicking during the game.

LOL... some like smooth balls... others like rough balls. I bet brady is a smooth balls type of guy haha

Waa Waa Waa sounds like Brady !!!! You need to listen to Shannon Sharpe talk about it on his blog Google it . He talks of his 15 years in the nfl and what the equipment managers would do for the players all of the detailed items that each player demanded each week to be placed in thier locker , the cowards hang it on the ballboy and those guys would NOT have done that on their own unless they wanted fired . So like it cor not you're golden boy is a liar and a cheat !

You got proof he did anything cause' nobody else could prove anything???

Hang in on the ballboy..get a clue Brady has been fighting to get those guys their jobs back..

Shannon Sharpe..whos he???..

Keep hating:D:D

IMO karma wouldn't be if in the first game that he balled his eyes out to play that he suffered a season ending injury just saying !

Real nice to wish an injury on someone else...

Give it a rest.

New England will have an asterisk next to every championship as each one has been surrounded by some sort of cheating controversy. Play clean and the controversy wouldn't exist.

Cheating goes on in all pro sport venues whether it be baseball, football, Nascar, etc. because there is way too much MONEY at stake.

...you only need one ball for football, soccer and baseball but both for MX,... :)

He probably should be for keeping their mouths shut ! Get a clue funny , destroying his cell phone , what's up with that , time for an upgrade I guess , by chance did you read the Ted Wells report ? Yea I know who is he lol , check out the part and I quote , wells report says it is "more probably than not" that the locker room attendant,equipment assistant and Tom Brady was aware of releasing air ! If you haven't it's online , so think what you want I and I'm not alone when Isay this I don't believe a word of it

He probably should be for keeping their mouths shut ! Get a clue funny , destroying his cell phone , what's up with that , time for an upgrade I guess , by chance did you read the Ted Wells report ? Yea I know who is he lol , check out the part and I quote , wells report says it is "more probably than not" that the locker room attendant,equipment assistant and Tom Brady was aware of releasing air ! If you haven't it's online , so think what you want I and I'm not alone when Isay this I don't believe a word of it

Probable..LMFAO the sun probably will come out tomorrow might it might not..Wells didn't prove a damn thing and neither did Goddell thats why the judge threw it out...

Keep on hating,we Patriot fans are use to it..and it just fires the team up even more:D:D

-
Back