A really ugly car....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK, you asked for it. Here's a few shots of my roach. This car was purchased almost 5 yrs. ago as a total basket case. It was a retired drag car that was never cut up or twisted. It came home as an empty shell and 11 milk crates of ****. The biggest attraction was that it is almost entirely rust free. Just some surface crap that you can see in the underhood shots. You west coast guys have no idea what us east coast bums have to go through to advoid rust .... :x

The entire suspension, steering, and brake systems have been re-built with all NEW parts: T-bars....rear leafs... gas shocks.... polygraphite bushings.... every replacable part in the front end...brake hoses....calipers....rotors....master cylinder.... bearings.... everything. Even the K frame and steering box. She rides better than some new cars. Tight, rattle free, and goes down the road arrow straight.

The transmission was replaced last spring, just in time for a rod knock to develope in the high-mile lump I threw in to make her roadworthy and sort out the undercarriage. It has a 4:10 sure grip out back and a new Centerforce dual friction clutch set-up. The engine is a freshly built 360 w/ 6Bbl. .509"/292 cam, ported heads, etc.... You guys have heard all that already. The exhaust was bent up locally and is a decent job... not very pretty, but functional. It's all 2 1/2" with Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers. She sounds, er.... shall we say " authorative" :shock:

I have a great set of straight, rust-free doors & deck lid. I also have a set of repro quarters. The front fenders will be a set of AR's fiberglass ones. I located a MINT front bench seat from Wisconsin and plan on installing headrests. The dash pads is cherry, and I have an un-cut A/C dash that will probably end up on e-Bay because I just modified a cut up one to eliminate the radio opening.

Eventual plans call for the car being re-finished in the original L1 turquoise with the black bench seat interior.
I also have a set of Centerlines I might put on, althought I love the dog dish hub caps.

Ok... on with the (freak) show :wink:

20048231633118775761405.jpg

20048232372521437122498.jpg

20048231012591945743202.jpg

20048234077935170766131.jpg

20048231237960207175014.jpg

Love the car, but I may be a bit partial. Other than a six pack, and a 1 year age difference in cars. We will have about the exact same car engine is built the same (remember previous post), once I get my 4spd dropped in, and my is a 69 Barracuda. Have fun with it before all that stupid white stuff comes, and the Lake Erie winter(probably get the same weather too LOL. I'm not trying to copy you though I did want to put a 6 pack on my engine though. I will be a bit different I have bucket seats, and by brother-in-law is going to make me a centerconsle the way I want one for me for Christmas :D . Anyway enough rambling.

Jason

chad72duster said:
thats not ugly!!!\

this is ugly
20048233079938491569551.jpg

Wow.... you win Dude :D

That's the part thats going to rip my intestines out, when it goes to the body shop twilight zone. I'm not looking forward to that.

Jason, it sounds like your building the `69 model year of what I'm doing. Cool...
And yes, six packs rule. Nothing gets them buzzing more than when you pop the hood on cruise night. 8)

damn man, aside from the unattractive looking condition of the paint, she isnt that bad at all. ive seen worse that people are damn proud of... **cough**cough** (i wonder who that would be... <_< >_> <_<.....)
not a bad looking ride at all. not what you are shooting for yet, obviously, since you call it a freakshow :)

you guys just wait, ill show you some freakshows, if i ever get some money (lots) and enough free time. im gonna build me a mopar (drivetrain) bucket roadster, a one off! bend the body myself.... dreams of a dreamer... but it will be some day, along with the jeep framed, 318 powered, 4 speed superbeetle 4x4 my friend and i are going to build...

I saw a mouldy old Plymouth Coupe at the race track (in the old days). It had been sitting out in the rain under a tree. There were green things growing out of the trunk seams. There was moss behind the front seat around the window. It had a blown hemi in it with headers and 12" slicks. It went like stink. It was ugly but fast. I think it ran in the 12's. Not bad for a car in the 60's!:roll:

Your car don't look that bad!There's a lot worse cars on ebay that are selling for more than you probably paid for yours!

Man there is nothing wrong with the looks of that car, I think it looks cool.
It looks alot like the black 67 fastback I had.
The dishes look good, but I'd throw on the centerlines.

cudax4 said:
Nothing ugly about that.Looks pretty good to me.

You guys are being kind.... if you saw it in person it looks worst than in the pictures. :puker:

When I first bought her she was 4 different shades of primer. So I go out and buy a quart or two of what I was told would be black primer, which wound up being black basecoat.... hence the ratty, neo-ghetto finish.

Progress is being made however. I don't think she'll ever be as pretty as Brett's car, but she'll be better than the way she looks now. :wink:

I think I have you beat in the "Ugly department" Yours looks pretty good to me. As Ugly as they are they still get the looks.

-
Back