A short introduction

-

Christian Morgan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Christian Morgan. I have been a longtime member on the floor look website and have been interested in the full size Chrysler cars of the late 50s to mid-60s , but I'm expanding my horizons. I am interested in the early valiant and darts (pre 65). I probably won't be posting very much because I have decided to go back to school for electrical engineering and that takes up a lot of time. My daily driver is a 1963 imperial so I am familiar with mopars mechanically. When the day comes, I would like to buy a valiant or dart, rust free, driver quality or something that wouldn't take much to make it a daily. I have a few questions that hopefully you guys and gals wouldn't mind answering for me. First off, what kind of price range would I be looking at for a driver, or close to it valiant or dart sedan with a slant 6; and torqueflite? Second, are there mini reproduction parts available for these cars?. Like I said earlier, I have been an active member on the forward look website for probably 15 years and there are not many reproduction parts at all for these cars. Thank you for any help you may can offer.

Welcome! Let’s see your Imperial...those are sweet cars! There are many forward look cars owned by members here and we like to see all so feel free to share. My dad member FISHYPETE has a 59 Sweptside and a 59

The 60-66 ones can be harder to find some parts for but are usually cheaper. Several items like carpet, interior etc are available as well as mechanical stuff and some lenses and trim. Body panels is where the early-a cars struggle, you can get patch panels for some but not full quarters like the later years. Floor pans are available for the earl-a cars as well. The 67-76 are more common and there are way more reproduction parts avaliable for these cars.

Here is my dad’s 59’s along with his friends 57

BF3F10D4-038D-4F5F-8B6B-072682D11AD2.jpeg

DBF01C5B-F7C2-4C97-B1C0-1F2C588901C9.jpeg

5CB6AE2E-D0F7-4704-AB4D-88DA9AA6D27B.jpeg

4837F2BF-3B8E-487E-85BF-BFC66C36747F.jpeg

21C52880-547B-4B84-AA8F-E54714818A5D.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. I hope to learn a lot about these cars before I commit to purchasing one. I really look forward to the whole A-body experience. Who knows, I may find one beyond the pre 65 cars that I really like. As far as originally goes, I would probably keep it nearly stock with the exception of adding Mopar electronic ignition and the 70+ alternator and regulator as well as possibly adding disc brakes. here are a couple of pictures of my imperial. It's just a daily driver, but everything on it works including the factory air conditioner and cruise control. Thanks again.

Screenshot_2018-07-26-18-47-53.png

0727181705b.jpg

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Can anyone suggest a few articles or threads to read about these cars. I'm looking for general information, restoration tips, common rust zones, wiring upgrades, ect.

Welcome! Like said early A' and slants in articular are cheaper in general than 67 up cars. Hard to put a price on anything really. I have sold early darts drivers couple years ago for $2500-3000 range, with all the rust repaired and painted drivers new brakes, needing int. and all the small details with just decent running old slant engines. I also bought them as projects for $500-700 back in Mo where everything is cheaper. I doubt you can still do that but place a wanted ad here on FABO and see what pops up!!

-
Back