A special request

-
Heavenly Father, we live in a broken world, surrounded by pain and sadness and, sometimes, we don't know what to make of it.

Mike was a fighter. He fought a fight that many of us would pale in comparison. A double lung transplant recipient. A cancer fighter. A veteran. A husband. A father of four. Grandfather.

We struggle sometimes to make sense of it all.

But we know that You created paradise for us.

Father, lift Mike into your arms and welcome him to the Paradise You created for us.

Surround his loved ones with your Love and Grace and Comfort. Help us understand that death is a matter of life and that death makes our lives worth living, just as Mike set that example for us.

Mike is in Your arms, now, Father. Knowing the everlasting Love and Joy only You can bring. We ask that through this time of grief we remind ourselves that same Love and Joy awaits us, too, and this separation from our loved ones is only temporary.

We pray to you in Jesus' name.

Amen

Mike Lynch? ummmm......Was he a model railroader?

My condolences of course.

My condolences. We lose a lot of folks to cancer, don't we? I lost a cousin at about 26, his nephew at 19.......fought all his short life, and a sister of brain cancer in her early 50's. That doesn't count two aunts (at least) and my Mom who had bouts with breast cancer and lived.

Thank you all.

My condolences. We lose a lot of folks to cancer, don't we? I lost a cousin at about 26, his nephew at 19.......fought all his short life, and a sister of brain cancer in her early 50's. That doesn't count two aunts (at least) and my Mom who had bouts with breast cancer and lived.

Sadly yes...too many lost to cancer. Its so hard to cope with as the outside family members, and of course hard on the patience as well.
Unfortunately, in the 24 years I've been blessed to this world, I've lost a lot of my family. And all but 2 to cancer and heart disease. Just 2 from old age.

As an adult and mother now, it brings about a new perspective on how prevalent in my family these things are. Brings about a small fear, too.

I appreciate all of your kind words here folks. Thanks again

My condolences!

Cancer can be a rough way to go.

I was blessed enough to survive lung cancer in 2006. It truly showed me how true it is when you hear that the cure is worse than the disease.

My personal relationship with Jesus has made this journey easier.

I hope more people will allow his help. He is willing!

Sorry to read about this. Best wishes, may he Rest In Peace

Rob

-
Back