A sudden thought

-
830-550000.jpg

Spin it any way you want.........love a Magneto

I love a good magneto story. I was in my early 20s and found a good deal on an old boat & motor while I was stationed in Homestead Fl. The motor was an old Merc that had magneto ignition. On the side of the mag was a post that connected to a kill switch to ground out the ignition. Hold that thought. I took the mag out and cleaned it up. After cleaning, I wanted to check to see how well the shaft turned, so I held the body in the palm of my left hand, and spun the magneto shaft with my right hand. Now is the time to retrieve the thought of the grounding post. That post was right in the middle of the palm of my left hand. I immediately saw stars, and involuntarily threw that magneto across the room, putting a dent in the wall and cracking the mag cap. That's my magneto story. what's yours?

Back in auto school, in one of our blocks we had a room full of engines on run stands, the teacher would pull distributor and wires and set it back right on top of the engine, and gave the engine a twist with the key. We were to find top dead center and then install the distributor and wires and then twist the distributor to have fire to the number one sparkplug. I told my partner to ground the plug, which he did using his body as an extension....he yelped, I tightened distributor and the motor started right up, we both passed.

I just had to steal this. lol

:lol:
That's a good one.
That's funny right there dont care who you are!

We used to carefully remove the condensers when doing tune ups and throw them at other students.

Your reflex is to catch it, and the odds are it will discharge on you.

If someone thinks they are of Asian heritage but a DNA screen proves otherwise...

...are they "dis-Oriented"?

-
Back