A " Thank You" to the whole forum.

-

Hippylong

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this forum. I have a 64 gt and a 65 commando cuda both stock 4 spd cars.
I owe almost all repairs and updates to everyone here... tonight, on the 64 dart gt I did the electronic voltage regulator upgrade. it seemed to solve my surging lights and amp meter issue. I'm going to do the 10" clutch install next.
I do have one question today.
What is stock speedo gear tooth count? 64 dart gt a833.
Thank you all !!!
20230216_152001.jpg

20201217_123510.jpg

Love the dart! Red cars go faster, it's a law of the universe, much like the speed of light and gravity.

Your speedo gear tooth count is determined by your tire diameter and gearing. There are tables out there for that, I can't remember which advertiser has it on their site, but I think it's Classic Industries. I am pretty sure I bought my speedo gear from them when I changed my rear end and gearing 6 or 7 years back.

Thank you.
Dart has 14" and 7.25 rear
I did the ball and trunnion replacement as recommended on here. It completely solved the highway vibration problem... I'm hoping to pick up the bronze clutch bushings being offered by a esteemed member here. but, their mailbox is full at the moment I also have bent new brake lines and put a dual master on... no discs yet.

I have the speedo gear chart but we still need more details. 14" is just the rim size. What are the numbers on the tire sidewall?

Same deal with your gears. 7.25 is a rear end size. What gears are inside it? If you don't know and can't figure it out let us know. There is a way to find out.

Without the info above no one can help with the speedo gear.

You can tag the member you're trying to reach by using this @ symbol along with the members name. ( has to be correct spelling and capitalization), like @Member. and alert him to the fact his inbox is full.

Gear selection charts for your speedo. Make absolutely sure that you are precise with your data.
Tire size information is available from the manufacturer, look for the field that tells tire diameter. These charts are not always complete. Also, there may be two different tooth counts for a particular color gear. Make sure you get the right tooth count of that gear color. For example, on the mymopar link, look at the 3.55 gearing. Tire diameters of 24" and 30" are BOTH green, but different part numbers, and different tooth counts. I used the table copied and pasted below to select tooth count, found the part number and ordered that way.

1703177644876.png

1703177645383.png

-
Back