A Trip Down Memory Lane

-
Loved it Wilde! Thank you....bookmarked it

I may be getting old (62) but I am so glad I grew up in the 60's.

Graduated H.S. in '65

Yup.......those were the days.

Tony

:thumbup: Thx Wylde........Great video and saved also!

Thank you for sharing that cool Video Wylde1 =P~ I had a 63 Grand Pix 389 back when I was 15 for awhile and my uncle loved it so much he traded me a real clean 71 dodge truck and some pocket money for it.
The 389 would run hot and he sent me down the road in a /6 standard that made a few trips down to Florida and back up to Michigan :-D
The last I herd the Grand Prix was totally restored and in some one's garage in St Louis, Great Video with my morning coffee :cheers:

Thank you for sharing that cool Video Wylde1 =P~ I had a 63 Grand Pix 389 back when I was 15 for awhile and my uncle loved it so much he traded me a real clean 71 dodge truck and some pocket money for it.
The 389 would run hot and he sent me down the road in a /6 standard that made a few trips down to Florida and back up to Michigan :-D
The last I herd the Grand Prix was totally restored and in some one's garage in St Louis, Great Video with my morning coffee :cheers:

I bought a '67 Polara 2 dr 440/4 speed for $325.00 in '78 when I was 14. Mowed yards for a whole summer to pay for it. Was out driving it LATE one
night in early '79, grabbed 2nd, Wham!!!! We had turned sideways(Sure Grip)
and plowed down about 75 feet of fence then hit a tree...It broke BOTH ears off that 440!!!! The drive shaft was compressed an inch shorter!! My step dad made me chain it on a trailer and take it to the local junkyard the next week. He didn't really even gripe at me much because I had paid for it myself. My *** still hurts from the whipping though. Lol.

Here's one for all you old pharts... errr.... old geezers...... errr..... elderly statesmen. Yeah, that's it!

Loved it!!! Thanks for the great video, Wylde1. Brought back lots of memories.
...but I prefer the term "experienced" rather than "elderly statesmen".

I graduated from Montebello HS (SoCal) in '66. Greatest time to grow up with musclecars everywhere; cruise Whittier Blvd. on Friday and Saturday nights; local dragstrips were OCIR, Lions, and Irwindale - legends all; and best music ever.

-
Back