A trip to the machine shop. 360 heads are done.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Well they are almost done, they just need to be assembled. The machine shop cleaned up the intake runners and removed the speed bump on the exhaust side. They look good to me. The heads started out as 1.88" intakes and now have chevy valves and 2.02"s. The valve job looks good too. He doesn't have a flow bench, but look like they should flow a little better over stock. :D What do you think?

Attachments

• Head intakes.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Head intakes2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Head intakes3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Head exhaust.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Heads.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 208
Look pretty good.Gonna guess about .475 to .500 on the cam choice.

They look fine. Looks like a basic clean up was done,as in the first pic there is some casting lumps I would have addressed. While not a full on job,it seems he did a nice job on the intake bowl. There is room for improvements (more$$) but I like what I see. Should make a nice street head. Any idea on the valve job seat angles?

They look fine. Looks like a basic clean up was done,as in the first pic there is some casting lumps I would have addressed. While not a full on job,it seems he did a nice job on the intake bowl. There is room for improvements (more$$) but I like what I see. Should make a nice street head. Any idea on the valve job seat angles?

Yeah it's only money. LOL. They are just going to be a street head for my 360. It looked like a 4 angle valve job with new seats of course.

Should be crisp.A friend has that gnind in a 11 to 1 302 in a Pinto.Had OOTB Holley aluminums.It hits hard.I think you did a good grind.

Not too high if the quench is right. Is it a zero deck motor? (pistons at dead top centre are flush with deck). Those can make wonderfull quench and I think you might be able with the kb 107,as it's a flat top with notches.

Not too high if the quench is right. Is it a zero deck motor? (pistons at dead top centre are flush with deck). Those can make wonderfull quench and I think you might be able with the kb 107,as it's a flat top with notches.

Yep zero deck. That's what I told him anyway. The short block is assembled at his shop with a bag over it and was blocked in by about 10 other finished motors, so I couldn't look at it yesterday. I'm taking my 1.6 PRW Stainless Rockers over to him in a couple of weeks to see what we need to do for clearance and find out if I need any shims.

-
Back