A true car guy

-

Quikitty

Reaction score
I have been spending the last year and most of my savings restoring my 69 340 4spd barracuda. I’m generally pretty capable with most areas in doing the work but there are some mopar specific things that I rely on the A Bodies crowd for. One such area was obtaining the correct 340 motor mounts. Because I purchased my car partially disassembled, I did not know what the mounts even looked like.
As with some items, I pushed the easy button and ordered a set through Rock auto and bingo, got screwed as they sold me a set that was not even close to fitting. I suppose I could have simply returned the set, but where’s the fun in that, right. So I wasted 3 hours cutting and welding them trying to make them fit, yep, a magnificent fail.
I then turned to the A Bodies forum and posted a wanted ad for a set of mounts. This is where it was brought to my attention that these mounts And brackets are hard to come by, no longer available new and not much in the way of repos. Well that sucks.
You probably guessed my next step, turning to evil bay. So that’s it, I bought my second set off e-bay. And yes, another colossal failure as even though they were labeled for a 69 340, they did not fit. It’s this kind of crap that can really stall a project and cut into your momentum.
Mean time, There were a few well meaning replies to my post regarding my A bodies wanted ad for mounts but not much in the way of actually where to obtain a set. At least not until a member, Mr. Sinister stepped up and offered some real help. He posted photos of a set of the correct brackets and offered to swap them out for the ones I bought from e-bay. That’s right, he offered to take my mistake and make it good by giving me the correct nearly unobtainable mounts. How cool is that!!! And Many Thanks to him!!
Now that’s pretty awesome in itself, but anyone who knows these mounts know that you have the brackets and the rubber isolators, which I also needed. Now here’s a true car guy, when I told him I did not have the rubber isolators, he went out and bought a set for me to send with the brackets. Now it would be totally fair if he wanted to make a few bucks for his time and yea, i offered, instead he just asked for the actual cost of the isolators. So here’s a guy that went out of his way to help me in getting my car back on the road. Thank you Mr. Sinister!
Here are some photos of the mounts

12C76F8A-3F32-4A37-898B-FFF615D3D2DD.jpeg

Seems like the wonders never cease. Good on Mr. Sinister!! Three cheers! Good to hear stories like this in today's world.

Yup, contrary to his username, he's a really good dude.

Very nice and helpful man.

I like that he is so old school in his way of thinking of cars. We need more like him.

-
Back