A VERY SAD DAY TODAY

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
we had to put down our four-legged son tonight.

DUNDEE was a 12 1/2 yr old PITBULL and he had cancer...it was really hard for me cuz it was my BEST FRIENDS dog and he was killed in a car accident 12 yrs ago at the age of 23 and ive had his dog this whole time!!!

my wife and i were crying at the vet but at the same time laughing telling the vet all our GREAT times together!!!

we were there the whole time with him and i am glad i was!!!

Very hard thing to do, but I've been there and done that. I had a barely 8 year old Black lab named Shelby. Greatest, healthiest dog in the world. He suddenly started favoring his right front leg around Christmas 2001 and by March 26th of 2002 we had to put him down. He had bone cancer and his tumor on his wrist was the size of a tennis ball in that short amount if time. I cried like there was no tomorrow. I know how you feel and it gets better, eventually the good times will be all that you remember.

Sorry to hear that. They're just an old dog or cat. NOT! The darned things are a part of our lives. We share our popcorn with them, they share the bird they caught with us. They are a BIG part of our lives and we care for them dearly. Now remember the good times. I know kinda how you feel. Had to say good-bye Sun. to my old cat. Had him for 17yrs. We sure do miss them. :cry: Ray

We have a 10 yr. old Mutt that I know will break our hearts when that time comes. Yes, they are more than just "pets".

My condolences to you & your family...... :cry:

thegirls2.jpg

Amy & Angel

Sorry for your loss Mike. But you did the right thing by ending his suffering, and you stayed with him to the end. A true companion. :salut:

sorry yo hear of your loss. I lost a dear pet a number of years ago and cried for two days. I am sure your pets life was a happy and fulfilled one with the love you have displayed.

smallblock mopar

We too lost one of our "kids" as couple of years ago. Megan, a beautiful Rottie, was her name. She died of bone cancer, and we didn't really get a proper chance to help her, because we didn't understand the disease. Until now.

She was the reason I got together (married) with her owner. I even taught her how to swim.

It sucks but enjoy them while you got them.

Todd.

RIP
I had a hard time putting down my german sheperd of 16 years( Lucy).
She was the best, the vet actually asked me if I wanted to watch her passing :shock: I nearly jumped over the counter and kicked his ***.
I know how hard it is.

I'm really sorry to hear that, really sorry :cry: :cry:

I have a staffordshire bull terrier, he goes 11 years in 4th of july, and he has stomach problems now and the vet don't know what the problem is...

Man it's tough and I feel for you. I've been in that position a few times and it's never easy. I'm really close to my dog now and I know it's going to kill me when it's her time to go. They'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us though.

There really is nothing like a good dog.

78974512.jpg

78974512.jpg

I feel for you man. I know exactly how it is. We had to put our 16 year old dog down on Sept 11 of all dates. We have 2 others now and I don't look forward to that day. I hope it is a long way off.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

My dog is 14 and hes getting to the point were we might have to put him down :(

The thought of having him not around is horrible.

-
Back