A Very Special 727

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Guess what I am honored to be able to work on!

IMG_1590 Large.jpeg

Pretty much the same but yes sir. 70 440 six barrel from a non a body (Superbird) . It is really cool playing with these 55 year old HD parts.

The "band" is a dead giveaway. Done plenty of those transmission over the years. The original band and drums are now extremely expensive.

I think the last one the core charge on a relined band was $250.00. But they would not send it to me until they received my core.

I use Alabama Band and from what I recall, they were really fair. Been a while on the HEMI band though. This one is still the original lining.

Hey now, I actually have a /6 head off a marine version.....

@VOETOM
HEY Tom , Lon in Des Moines here, long time since we chatted.
That's a cool build, I still have the same pictured parts on the shelf new old stock, never know when I might need them yet.
Very cool build.
Lon

Hi Lon! You have frictions lying around for these big beasts too? Factory ones?

I happened to find the originals the other day so they are on the way. For a good price too.

Ready for another 54 years of service behind a 440 six barrel. Note: he did not want it to look as if it had been rebuilt so I removed the greasy loose stuff and left the 55 years of baked-on stuff. It's clean inside though!

IMG_1605 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the last one the core charge on a relined band was $250.00. But they would not send it to me until they received my core.
I spent a lot of time in the transmission parts industry. HEMI bands always C.I.F. REBUILDABLE core in first. The company that relined our bands had that policy carved in stone.

The "band" is a dead giveaway. Done plenty of those transmission over the years. The original band and drums are now extremely expensive.
Double wrap Hemi band. I sold a few of those back in the 70's while at the speed shop. We sold B&M products.

-
Back