A833 is killing me.

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
Well my motor is Bad AXXX but the guy who built my tranny is brain dead and not only is he but all of his tranny buddies in town. He can get the syncros and sliders and locking dogs right. He sent it back to me and it lasted a total of about 10 miles before locking in 3rd gear. He has been cool about it and trying for 2 weeks to fix it but h eis hopeless I think. I have tryed to call passon performance everyday for a week but they dont answer there phone.

Does anyone know another company that handles A833, 4 speed trannys?? I am desperate at this point. I have a $!500 bucks tied in the tranny bell clutc.... way to much to chunck and go to an auto.

I need help.

If I were you I'd grab a service manual and dig in to find the problem. It's that kind of sh## that started me working on cars myself. Now I trust no one to work on my stuff.

well talked to passon and they didnt help much, all they wanted to do was sell parts they didnt offer much tech advice. ithink I may have it figured out. i talked to guy from Oragon i think it was and he has the right dogs for the syncros. They should be here tomorrow so maybe it will finaly be straight.

well I hope to find out today. The oparts should be in from Oragon today all new sliders adn syncros to match the current dogs. Hope this works with a good positive lock up on the gear.

If not I may have a whole 4 speed set up for sale.

thanks I will give them a call today. This guy here is still jerking around . He looks like a monkey humping a football with my tranny.

well I bought another 833 today from some guy here in town. $100 it will go in monday for temp use untill clown gets the other one done. He is also going to rebuild this one for free so I guess that helps. Maybe I will have the duster back on the road monday :?: :?:

latest and greatest. the tranny shop banged up my headers and gouged them with the stearing assembly. the guy only comment was it wanst on purpose. If this Fxxxer wasnt already broke I would sue his ***. He needs to get some new help the bums around him are costing him more money than they make.

Crap I spent about $3500 in 4 speed stuff for my car before breaking something else in the driveline on every freekin pass down the track. Finally had to cut my losses (and weight) and put an automatic in it.

I am looking for this shifter with linkages for my 66 Barracuda. Does anyone have one?
upload_2017-4-4_7-55-36.jpg

-
Back