A833 main case hole pattern PCD, casting SBM/6 bell housing New Zealand

-

chrisskates2004

Reaction score
Hi Team,

I have found a casting/tool maker to make a bell housing for me, I was going to get a lakeside and weld the hole and mirror it on the other side (New Zealand RHD) but the only hole pattern is SBM

I had a look to find a template on here and Google but no such luck, I was hoping someone on here may have the dimensions, also looked on the brewer's website

Also, the mounting pattern for an SBM and a slant 6, is not so important as I have a 3-speed slant 6 bell housing to work off and a 727 bell housing for the SBM but it would be well useful

Attached is an RHD bell housing for a laugh LOL and the size of the bearing retainer in metric :) this is the 4.354" DIAMETER? 110mm to an inch is 4.33071

We've got both a slant 6 and a SBM here and we are trying to make a dual mount for the bell housing, has anyone ever done this? I'm hoping the length of the input shaft between a SBM and a 6 is the same. (8.625")

Any help, chats or pictures would be appreciated, Chris from New Zealand

IMG_5683.jpg

carrier (2).jpg

carrier (4).jpg

Interesting, thank-you .
I had a similar challenge mating a 1st gen FWD 3sge (Beams) and old RWD T50 Toyota trans .
I think the only thing I used was the locating pins. Bolt holes etc all moved.
I like your style, hotrodder . lol

Last edited:
Well, the transmission is located concentrically by your 110mm OD of the bearing retainer.

The 4 mounting bolts (7/16"-14 UNC here) are used to retain the trans to the bellhousing.

The 4 holes in the trans are clearance holes for the bolts. Most likely about .030 oversize.

Can't your machinist bore the hole in the BH first, offer up the trans to the bore, punch marks in the face of the BH using a pointed dowel? Then drill and tap the 4 holes. Could be metric or SAE.

I checked an old Mopar Performance chassis nanual but no luck.
Or....send a message to Jamie at Passon Performance. He'll have the bolt pattern and might share it.

The input shaft length is the same for a SB or /6. I put a 1965 A833, originally from a 273 Barracuda behind my 1964 225 using factory parts with no issues. Same trans for either application.

Interesting, thank-you .
I had a similar challenge mating a 1st gen FWD 3sge (Beams) and old RWD T50 Toyota trans .
I think the only thing I used was the locating pins. Bolt holes etc all moved.
I like your style, hotrodder . lol
yeah im thinking i will need to do this also,
gotta make it happen some how

Well, the transmission is located concentrically by your 110mm OD of the bearing retainer.

The 4 mounting bolts (7/16"-14 UNC here) are used to retain the trans to the bellhousing.

The 4 holes in the trans are clearance holes for the bolts. Most likely about .030 oversize.

Can't your machinist bore the hole in the BH first, offer up the trans to the bore, punch marks in the face of the BH using a pointed dowel? Then drill and tap the 4 holes. Could be metric or SAE.

I checked an old Mopar Performance chassis nanual but no luck.
Or....send a message to Jamie at Passon Performance. He'll have the bolt pattern and might share it.

The input shaft length is the same for a SB or /6. I put a 1965 A833, originally from a 273 Barracuda behind my 1964 225 using factory parts with no issues. Same trans for either application.
yep, if i can get that concentric measurement we will be away,
thanks, good to know the mounting bolts size

yeah thats the idea, we might get a rough measurement of say 16" x 12"
This came from an old thread here. Dan Brewer confirmed that it is correct in the same thread.

View attachment 1716107594
much appreciated, this is 50% of the work, I found an RB bell housing but no SBM yet,

thanks very much,

-
Back