a833 question??

-

db's demon

Reaction score
When you go to measure driveshaft length, do you push the yoke in till it touchs the seal or do you compress the seal till the yoke bottoms out then pull it out 1"?? This is the seal that is about 2" long. Thanks D.B.

Alot depends on who your ordering the driveshaft from. Generaly, between the 2 shops I have delt with told me to;

Push the yoke in until it stops, pull the yoke back outwards 1-1/2 to 2 inchs, not more.

Some yoke seals are flat, some other yoke seals are cone shaped. This shape was refurred to as a heavy duty seal for harsh weather/conditions. I like this style myself.

The nice thing is you should be able to go to a place like Emprire driveshafts or similar like place and just say, I have a 19XX car with this engine, this tranny and this rear end, this size U-joint. And they'll ship you the correct length shaft.

They may ask you or you may have the choice of shaft diameter, bigger or smaller than stock, and a choice of metal for the shaft. Steel or aluminum, or ?????????

When you go to measure driveshaft length, do you push the yoke in till it touchs the seal or do you compress the seal till the yoke bottoms out then pull it out 1"?? This is the seal that is about 2" long. Thanks D.B.
If this is reasonably inmodified car, what you stated is about right.

-
Back