[WANTED] A904 Accumulator piston spring.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

circlepilot

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
I need an accumulator piston spring for my 1965 A904 transmission. I guess it is a part that rarely breaks (mine is broke) as I can't find one for sale from transmission parts vendors.
Norm

This might be it .
54ECDD6D-7BBB-4766-B937-F3B1C7F41B4E.png

Leave it out and put a 3 inch block rod under the accumulator.......rod = bolt....

That works too. Makes the 1-2 shift a lot firmer. Or he can find a smaller longer spring to put in there instead of a blocker rod. Kim

I'm pretty sure I have one. Did a shift kit not long ago.
Going to the shop today I'll look.

Years ago I knew a old mopar guy who had more than a dozen of those springs lined up on ledge above his shop door like birds on a wire. To remove it or leave it out at overhaul was the poor mans shift kit for years. If the spring is missing the accumulator doesn't work at all so there isn't a need to block the piston at the top of the cavity. Piston just rests at the bottom.

Years ago I knew a old mopar guy who had more than a dozen of those springs lined up on ledge above his shop door like birds on a wire. To remove it or leave it out at overhaul was the poor mans shift kit for years. If the spring is missing the accumulator doesn't work at all so there isn't a need to block the piston at the top of the cavity. Piston just rests at the bottom.

Interesting information. This transmission was working and shifting real good...very firm, no telling how long the spring had been broken? Car had been sitting since 1988, I drove it for a few months after getting it running circa 2017 before tearing it all down for restoration.
Thanks to everyone for all of the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back