A904 recipes

-

GotDart

Reaction score
We've got lot's of engine recipes, how about some transmission recipes????

Tell us what you used and why:

Rebuild kit? Standard Borg Warner or Red Alto clutch plates and Kolene steels?
Shift kit?
Valve body?
Hard parts?
Gear set?
Sprag?
Trans cooler?
Trans pan?
Any other mods?

Also state the intended usage... street, street/strip, or strip only. A quick summary of engine HP/torque and car weight would be usefull too.

Rebuild kit: think it said transstar on the box it had raybestos clutchplates and i used stock type steel plates.

Shift kit: Trans Go TF2 kit i set preasure a litle higher than the recomended street setting but not all the way to what was refered to as competion only;)

Valve body: stock valvebody modified as the Trans Go shiftkit instuktions told mee to do.

Hard parts: all stock

Gear set: stock 999 i think it is one of these 904 type gearboxes that has one more clutchplate than the standard one.

Sprag: stock

Trans cooler: transcooler is the one that is stock for a ford scorpio mid 1990:s 4cylinder with automatic gearbox, and it works pretty good that radiator has enough capacity to cool a hardblocked 340 on the street.

Trans pan: stock steel with added drainplugg dont like to mess with transmision fluid without a plug in the pan.

i used allt these parts because they where easily available where i work except for the transmission cooler that came with the widest radiator i could find in good shape at my local junkyard. i trust these parts alot they have lasted two seasons of hard steet abuse behind a hot 340 and one or two summers behind a pretty wellbuilt 318

this transmission whas put togheter with a lot of care in my garage with street/strip in mind but has only seen the street so far..
the car is a 3300lbs 73 duster (weight is with mee in it, a full tank off gas and a big toolbox in the trunk of the car.. it has a 340 wich i gues makes around 400horsepower, check my thread "runnig out of idea´s on what to improve" for full spec on the engine and car if you dont believe 400horsepower

Thanks Duster340. It sounds encouraging that a nearly stock rebuild is surviving behind a stout 340. That's what I was hoping to hear. :thumblef:

-
Back